Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Ill deer hunters ??? >

Ill deer hunters ???

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Ill deer hunters ???

Old 01-09-2006, 02:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Ill deer hunters ???

I'm kinda confused on how it works there....I was wondering what the cost of a Non Resident archery license is?? And is this for a Doe tag only?? I believe a buck tag is a lottery system and very expensive??

Thanks!
Old 01-09-2006, 11:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ill deer hunters ???

It says they are currently out of either-sex permits. I'm not 100% positive, but I thinkthat a non-resident usually recieves both an either-sex tag and an antlerless only tag. I'm not sure how much the tags cost, but you would have to buy the license as well.

http://dnr.state.il.us/admin/systems/index.htmThis is a link to the Illinois DNR website, it says that information on2006 Non-Resident tags is unknown and will be posted so I guess stay tuned to this website. I'm sure there is probably someone on here that knows more.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok I found this info on an outfitters website:

Illinois Non-Resident Archery Permits ($325) 1 Buck Tag & 1 Doe Tag
Illinois Non-Resident Firearm Permits ($200) 1 Either-Sex Tag
Illinois Non-Resident 5-day Hunting License ($28.75)
Illinois Non-Resident Full Season Hunting License ($50.75)
Illinois Habitat Stamp ($5.00)
It also says that archery permits will be available in July by Illinois DNR

I don't see anything about a drawing for a buck tag, but I think that is the way it would be operated.

You also MUST have a habitat stamp on the back of your license in order to hunt whitetails.

I should warn you though Illinois doesn't have any deer. Go to Iowa or Kansas

UPDATE: http://www.pikeland.com/statepermit.htmlThis explains a little bit about the process. BTW what part of Illinois are you planning on hunting?
Old 01-10-2006, 02:31 AM
Site Buck Guru

It cost me $394 for the liscense, permit and stamp. It is going up to around $425 for next season. The outfitters are gobbling up a bunch of these to sell to their clients along with their hunts. Now they are on the lottery system. Kinda bites, I got a nice lease but what if I don't get a liscense? Probably lose my lease. BTW, a Wis, non-res liscence cost $166. I think the cost should be equal between states.
Old 01-10-2006, 07:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

GregH,

I feel your pain. I own land in Illinois, but because I am no longer a state resident they want to stick it to me like everyone else. Pretty strange how they keep jacking up the price even though IMO the deer are getting overpopulated in some areas.

Old 01-10-2006, 11:03 AM
Site Buck Guru

Is hunting becomming only a sport for the rich?
Old 01-10-2006, 03:15 PM
Typical Buck

Outfitters cannot buy tags and re-sell to their clients.

In the past(with the first-come, first served phone in)a few outfitters made phone calls on behalf of their clients. With the new system there is no benefit in doing so, the hunter has a month to make the call himself.

NR hunters now apply via phone to the DNR during July for their tags.

There is currently a limit of 20,000 tags available to NR hunters. 7500 are available for hunters who hunt with licensed outfitters. There are a number of limits attached to these 'outfitter tags'. An unknown number of these were used this year as no one actually knows how many hunters used licensed outfitters.

Not all NR tags were sold in 2005.

In 2005 NR hunters received an either sex and an antlerless tag for their approximate $375 fees. 2006 fees will be approximately $425

Antlerless tags are available for $25 plus the cost of licenses and permits.

PM me if you have further questions re NR tags.

Good Luck!
Old 01-10-2006, 08:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

GregH,

I feel your pain. I own land in Illinois, but because I am no longer a state resident they want to stick it to me like everyone else. Pretty strange how they keep jacking up the price even though IMO the deer are getting overpopulated in some areas.

You should lease to me then! It would be win win for you, you wouldn't spend the 425 and you would collect some lease money!

Old 01-10-2006, 10:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks fellas, kinda expensive aye!!!!!
Old 01-11-2006, 07:00 AM
Typical Buck

I believe NR landowners can get tags for about $75.

Look at the DNR website to make sure. Scroll down and there is a lot of info on NR landowner tags.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Ill deer hunters ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.