Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 13TH ILLINOIS YOTE OF THE YEAR. >

13TH ILLINOIS YOTE OF THE YEAR.

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

13TH ILLINOIS YOTE OF THE YEAR.

Old 12-27-2005, 04:23 PM
Typical Buck

Default 13TH ILLINOIS YOTE OF THE YEAR.

I WENT OUT WITH MY BOW TO TRY AND YOTE HUNT BECAUSE I NEVER SHOT ONE WITH A BOWASIDE FROM WHENDEER HUNTINGAND THOUGHT IT WOULD BE FUN TO SEE HOW CLOSE I CAN CALL ONE IN. I STARTED CALLIN AND AFTER ABOUT 15 MINUTES THIS LIL DEVEL CAME IN TO ABOUT 10 YARDS AND BAM DROPED HIM IN HIS TRACKS
Old 12-27-2005, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 13TH ILLINOIS YOTE OF THE YEAR.

No Way! That simple huh, that is too cool. What call do you use and were you in a treestand?
Old 12-28-2005, 07:22 AM

Thats awesome!
Old 12-28-2005, 01:56 PM

i would like to take one with the bow but i never see them, i have heard a few howlin when the sun was goin down on ocasion. did see one durin a drive durin gun season that i would have shot if i could have turned around fast enough but what was neat about it was that it wasdifferent in colour to the ones u normally see instead of bein grey to brown colour it was more yellowish almost like that of a yellow lab, it was pretty neat to see.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:13 PM
Typical Buck

awsome pse. that would have been a mounter. and no its not that easy. i set out 5 trail cams the week before to see where they were hiding and set up that way. and it was the third stand before i got on to come in. i was on the ground but i wouldnt recomend it again. i didnt think i was going to get puled back in time because he was runnign in. i got lucky and he stoped 50 yards out behind a tree giving me time to get drawed back before comming in the rest of the way. i used the primos hot dog. this is the first coyote i called in with it( i got it for christmas). i dont like the way it sound at all, but the coyote did..lol. i think i will stick with my other calls. what calls do you guys use????????
Old 01-03-2006, 10:14 PM

i like to give the yotes a lil different sound, so i use the primos raspy coaxer which is a jackrabbit call but i like it better than cottontail, you get more of a scream, o yea congrats on ur coyote bow kill, not a simple task
Old 01-03-2006, 10:32 PM

o yea got a primos mini mag howler herd it was good, just need to practice it
Old 01-04-2006, 12:11 PM
Typical Buck

natural let me know what u think of it when u get used to it. i have two of the primos movies that use it and it sounds good on there but so did the "hotdog" and the "hotdog" sounds like crap in person. JMO
Old 01-04-2006, 03:30 PM

Sorry for the stupid question but here goes. What do you do with the yote after you killed it? Are you eating them, mounting them, just shooting for fun? I had a shot at a yote while deer hunting, but did not shoot cause I had no idea what to do with it after I killed it!

Mark
Old 01-04-2006, 08:41 PM
Typical Buck

THIS ONE U SEE IN THE PIC I THREW IN A FIELD BECAUSE THE HOLE WAS TO BIG BUT ALL THE OTHERS I SKINNED THEM FOR THERE PELTS WHICH ISNT WORTH VERY MUCH MONEY BUT I WILL TAKE WHAT I CAN GET. I WOULD NEVER EAT ONE. IF YOU EVER KILL ONE AND SMELL IT WHEN U GO UP TO IT YOU WILL UNDER STAND WHY. IF I EVER GET A HUGE ONE OR ONETHAT ID DIFFERENT I WOULD MOUNT IT FOR SURE THOUGH. IT WOULD LOOK NICE IN MY DEN.

Quick Reply: 13TH ILLINOIS YOTE OF THE YEAR.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.