Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Where did "260 KSD Poached"  go? >

Where did "260 KSD Poached" go?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Where did "260 KSD Poached" go?

Old 12-16-2005, 11:21 AM

Default Where did "260 KSD Poached" go?

Where did the thread of the reported 260 class buck poached in Kansas go to? Why was it removed? Hopefuly it was nothing I said. If it was could the Mods please PM me as to content and problems and I will adjust aqccordingly.

There was some very important info on the thread, and was a very telling view into modern "hunters' and "sportsmen" and their ethics, or lack thereof.

I think it was an important post for several reasons, and petition it to be reinstated.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:35 PM

Default RE: Where did "260 KSD Poached" go?

Mark thanks to the language and name callingyou used...I'd say it was removed.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:04 PM

ORIGINAL: wholelottagobble

Mark thanks to the language and name callingyou used...I'd say it was removed.
For the record Wholelottagobble, I did not use that language here on the PUBLIC board, the quote was a PM dress down and PRIVATE that I sent to Napahunter, so as to not offend anyone. You should have seen the PM I got from Napahunter, it was much worse, I responded in Kind on PM, HE chose to post it here. I chose NOT to post his PM because it would have been offensive others, but not to me.

So the name calling and language was private message, was never meant to be here. Not my problem. However the thread did have some very good spots, and as Calhunter did, the post could have been edited, but his posts were all pulled in the thread, which had the material which was offensive to you. I did not post them.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Let me sum up the thread. 99% of all hunters would take a 260 deer even if they were tagged out/wrong tag/retarded/etc. The remaining 1% lie or are blind..and can't shoot anything anyways.

Old 12-19-2005, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

You keep telling yourself that Pat. Maybe it will make you sleep better, but do not lump all of us in with you. I would not shoot a deer illegally. Even if it was the next world record. What good would it do? It would get me a vacation from hunting for several years. Not what I would call a heroes congratulations.

I am sick of reading that everyone would shoot this. I know that the "true" sportsman would have more respect for the animal than that. I am done reading threads like this because it really makes me sick to think that anyone who would shoot an animal without a tag, out of season or in anyway illegally would call themselves hunters. In my book they are criminals and stealing from the general public, both hunters and non-hunters.

PS. I just read the post of the stolen MI deer. What is the difference in shooting a deer illegally or finding one in the woods and dragging it away? They are both stealing and both people are criminals and worse the lowest form of life.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Let me sum up the thread. 99% of all hunters would take a 260 deer even if they were tagged out/wrong tag/retarded/etc. The remaining 1% lie or are blind..and can't shoot anything anyways.
I guess I'm a blind liar!
Old 12-19-2005, 10:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RandallT

You keep telling yourself that Pat. Maybe it will make you sleep better, but do not lump all of us in with you. I would not shoot a deer illegally. Even if it was the next world record. What good would it do? It would get me a vacation from hunting for several years. Not what I would call a heroes congratulations.

I am sick of reading that everyone would shoot this. I know that the "true" sportsman would have more respect for the animal than that. I am done reading threads like this because it really makes me sick to think that anyone who would shoot an animal without a tag, out of season or in anyway illegally would call themselves hunters. In my book they are criminals and stealing from the general public, both hunters and non-hunters.

PS. I just read the post of the stolen MI deer. What is the difference in shooting a deer illegally or finding one in the woods and dragging it away? They are both stealing and both people are criminals and worse the lowest form of life.
You forget about the Iowa sholder mount the was stolen way back when!!!!!!! I'm with ya brother!!!
Old 12-19-2005, 10:48 PM

You guys can say all you want about Criminal this and poacher that. The fact still remains that just like we have misdemeanors for minimal crimes and felonies for serious ones, killing deer illegally is the same way. Don't throw shooting an extra buck on your own land in there with spotlighters, tresspassers, and guys who shoot deer out of season.I am stickin to my guns and saying this: "Say you wouldn't shoot all you want but I'd have to see it to believe it", and I'd say most would agree with me on that.

Your tellin me that if you scout all season, plant the land, hang-stands, spend hundreds of hours in the stand, fill your buck tags, and go out to manage does, and a 260 INCH DEER walks out you couldn't be proud of outsmarting him and harvesting him??? GET REAL and OFF YOUR HIGH-HORSE. If I hadn't seen a deer all season and you killed 10 bucks and then number 11 was this deer I would congratulate you on your harvest. No matter who you were.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Exactly.

Besides, I rarely buy tags (last time I did was hunting in Wisco). I hunt family land, or leased land that we've had for a few years. We process our own deer..as well as our friends/family's deer.

It boils down to this. You either hunt for meat, or for trophy. I live in Iniana...basically could care less what I shoot as long as it's not a 40lbs fawn. I don't respect the animal or what it stands for. I hunt for food.

You want to say you're not a criminal and you wouldn't shoot a deer illegally? Do you drive the speed limit every time? Have you ever drank underagged and/or did illegal drugs? Facts are, everyone in this world is a criminal, and is also sinful. Don't lump us in categories.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:21 AM

AH, I think Iunderstand now why the post was removed.

My Brother did "hold" the shot on a beautiful 15 pointer with 2 drop tines that were palmated. He did not shoot because the deer was 30 yds outside the fence where wedid not have permissionadjoining of the public landwe hunted. It was in western Kansas, unit 2 Cedar Bluff, biggest damn deer I had ever seen! The shot would have been 125 yds, piece of cake for my brother and his .280 rem. He did not take the shot and the big boy saw some "terrace jumpers" coming his way. (We used to be "hunter-gathers" now we have evolved to "hunter-tresspassers" as a culture, i guess.) The smart deer saw this and took off.

Western Kansas is "the" place to take a deer illegally, not likely to get caught during rifle season where there are 63 CO's for 80,000 hunters in the field. My brother is a man of integrity and does not rationalize things away to justify poor decisions.

I believe the post was removed because this crap of "Evyerone else would take it" mentality is one of the reasons I am considering giving up hunting. The masses which do it now don't know they aren't "hunting". For instance:

Your tellin me that if you scout all season, plant the land, hang-stands, spend hundreds of hours in the stand, fill your buck tags, and go out to manage does, and a 260 INCH DEER walks out you couldn't be proud of outsmarting him and harvesting him??? GET REAL and OFF YOUR HIGH-HORSE.
That is not hunting, it is baiting. BIG DIFFERENCE!!

And this rationalization that you would take the deer is "Lawbreaking">

So, many of you would argue when it comes to all these other social ills we are: "a nation of laws", but when it comes to your recreation "it is no big deal". "It is just a joint, or I just had a couple of beers and drove, or I just paid for a BJ," or etc......these are all illegal, just like poaching

That is the samedefense johns use when they are busted for solicitation of a lady of the evening.

Our hunting community needs an ethics infusion STAT!!

The post and your posts all need to be removed as it violates the 8th rule of posting on huntingnet, no posting of material that can be used by the antihunting communtity against hunters.

WELL, collectively you gave them the motherload, thanks.

Quick Reply: Where did "260 KSD Poached" go?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.