Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 illinois city ill. >

illinois city ill.

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

illinois city ill.

Old 12-16-2005, 10:39 AM

Default illinois city ill.

hey im going to going on a in ill. city nxt oct 30 till november5 can any body tell me what to expect what to bring , whats vvthe wheather there e whats the buck to doe ratio, illbe staying at acamp what should be the basics to bring to camp other then hunntig equipt ment how is this are as shooting a whopper buck ? any other info would be greatlly appreciated thanx in advance
Old 12-16-2005, 04:09 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: illinois city ill.

I dont know about the buck/doe ratio, but im guessin it will be below freezing for the whole hunt. Also be ready for some snow or sleet, or frozen rain, cause it seems like we get one of the three every other day. Good luck.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: illinois city ill.

I lived outside of Illinois City for several years. You need to plan for diverse weather conditions. It might be below freezing for much of the time, or you might only need a long-sleeved shirt much of the time. If you need a place for good food, beer, live music, and hanging out with hunters, check out Ducky's Lagoon. It is about 7-8 miles away in Andalusia. I never hunted deer there, but there are a lot of them around including some nice bucks....