Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 coyte hunters in illinois >

coyte hunters in illinois

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

coyte hunters in illinois

Old 12-14-2005, 12:26 PM
Typical Buck

Default coyte hunters in illinois

any of you doing any callin now.. what are they comming into and what has your set ups been like. its been slow this month for me for some reason..

Old 12-15-2005, 07:02 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: coyte hunters in illinois

The only time I coyote hunt is when Im deer hunting and am not seeing anything and one of those buggers walk by. A couple years ago I made a great shot with my Slug gun at about 60 yards....Real nice looking coyote too, great fur and weighed around 60 lbs or so....
After carrying the coyote out of the area I was hunting I decided that I will probably never do that again since I have 2 Siberian Huskies and 1 Alaskan Malamute.....looked ALOT like one of them....

Oh, and by the way, I was told by quite a few people that lots of coyotes died this year as a result of a type of heart worm around here in central IL, and I havent seen one all season...

Here is why I cant shoot them anymore tho, notice the antler that one has in front of her.

Old 12-15-2005, 10:43 AM

I've taken 6 so far this year. Three of them I didn't call for, just saw them. The other three came into rabbit distress calls. 5 of them were yearlings, 1 was mature. I've been seeing quite a few since we got snow on the ground. Saw 3 the other day aound 1 in the afternoon running in the neighbors field. I'll start going out more in January. Always do better then. Good luck.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:24 PM
Typical Buck

yeah i have taken ten so far. most all yearling. ran some dogs last tuesday and got two older dogs in bluffs area
Old 12-16-2005, 04:15 AM
Typical Buck

I've been dying to go out lately, especially since deer season. My uncle and have seen the same pack of 5 plus the same straggler during the second season. So....hopefully I'll be able to deer hunt during the day and 'yote hunt during the that I'll be able take a few.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:10 PM

while driven deer last durin 2nd season i had a yote run about 10ft behind me. it was a pretty yote they it was a light yellow in colour almost that of a yellow lab. then one of the other post shot a different one. i would have shot the one that went past me but by the time i new he was there it was to let to get turned around and put a bead on him.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:12 PM

Anyone interested in getting together for a coyote hunt in Northern Il?
Old 12-23-2005, 10:16 AM

Ive got 3 so far but ive only went 5 times so its started out pretty good. I used rabbit distress mostly. I will throw in a couple locator howls now and then but no luck. I shot 2 immature and one old'un. The old dog I'm getting tanned/mounted, I havn't decided. It had a great coat with a really stong red in it.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:17 AM

BTW, what guns does everybody use on their yotes?
Old 12-28-2005, 08:12 AM

I would love to learn how to Coyte hunt. Anyone in Northeast Illinois or somewhat near there willing to school a wannabe? I can return the favorwith a goose hunt or dove huntnext year or fishing on a private lake for some awesome crappie, base and pike in the spring. I have a bow and would invest in whatever else I would need. Thanks.

Quick Reply: coyte hunters in illinois

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.