Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 That may be all she wrote... >

That may be all she wrote...

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

That may be all she wrote...

Old 12-11-2005, 12:08 PM

Default That may be all she wrote...

My hunting season may be over as of now. I wanted to go yesterday, however, hubby went out Friday and had a hell of a time trying to get to the stand. Snow up to his waist, fell down 3 or 4 times, which resulted in him getting chilled to the bone. Said it's waist high in many places and is awfully hard to walk through. Of course yesterday brought chilling temps and a frigid wind with it, so that was out of the question. Today, I was going to attempt an evening hunt, but my ex husband called last night to tell me my kids have been throwing up all weekend and are coming home early tonight, so that is the end of that story. I will have one more chance to go, next Sunday. I can't guarantee I will be able to do that either, but for now, it will be my last chance and it may be over with for the year.

I only got the one small button buck during bow, hubby didn't get any, and there is a lack of tracks out there right now. **sigh**

Oh well... maybe next year. Next year we will be in Michigan for season opener up there, staying at his dad's place way Up North and visiting all of the local buckpoles ot share the excitement with fellow sportsmen, I'm looking forward to that experience!
Old 12-11-2005, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: That may be all she wrote...

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you don'tforget about this place...

This year has been the best outdoors year ever for me. I can't wait to see what we land ice fishing the next few weeks.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:01 PM

I won't forget about this place......I'm not planning on going anywhere, I may slow down in posting, but I'll still be here. You can't get rid of me THAT easily, Pat! [8D]

I will probably be turkey hunting in a few months, so I will definitely be checking in on that!
Old 12-12-2005, 04:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Where about will you be hunting in Michigan?
Old 12-12-2005, 06:49 AM
Typical Buck

Not for me I will be out until the last day. I did clean out 4 more does this weekend though. Giving the meat to some familes here at school to use. That is 11 does I have taken from there and it could stand to have 11 more removed. Oh well we have taken 19 off of there.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll hunt 3 or 4 days this week, not sure if im going to be able to hunt the last weekend or not. Im just looking to fill my bonus doe tag. I have been seeing 15-20 deer everytime out since muzzy started. I have been hunting from the ground atop a ridge overlooking 2 fields and they are showing up in the cut corn field everynight about 5pm and its a big herd. I took my wife last Friday after the heavy snow and about dark i looked up and had a doe running right to me from the field, she stopped 45 yards away eating off a twig, didnt have much time left so i took the shot that was presented and it was a clean miss. Further examination revealed a very small tree that had caught my bullet before it even got to the deer. I needed that deer to take about 10 steps and it would have been a perfect shot but she never moved once she got inside the woods. Im confident i will nail one here this week though.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:36 PM
Typical Buck

Going to reduce somemore this week in Brown Co. A guy has a standing cornfield. The only one for at least 10 miles in either direction. He is wanting some does thined out. Its all going to the food bank

Old 12-12-2005, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm all hunted-out. Freezers are full of deer meat. Now it's ice fishing time.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went out again last evening to the same spot, jumped 7 doe as i was walking in. Deer were moving the entire time i was there. About 4:30 the big herd i have been seeing sprinted out of the neighboring woods and into the guys field, this time they were much closer to me then what they had been. Anyways, this was the biggest herd of deer i had ever seen in my life. There were at least 25 deer in this pack, they just kept coming and coming and i couldnt keep up trying to count them all. Thought i saw a rack on one but couldnt tell for sure. About half of them finally crossed the fence and got onto the property i hunt, but they were about 200 yards out in the field. I snuck up to the fencerow and seen what looked like 2 bucks fighting, didnt believe it at first but they kept it up for a good 15-20 minutes and i could hear the racks smacking together. Dont think they were very big but it still was pretty cool. I did let 2 very small doe go that were about 30 yards from me, too many big ones out there that need to go.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:26 AM
Typical Buck

Nailed a doe in Brown Co. last night. It has a half picke corn field. I am heading back tonight I can kill 2 more.

Quick Reply: That may be all she wrote...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.