Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Any information on the Illinois 38 pt? >

Any information on the Illinois 38 pt?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Any information on the Illinois 38 pt?

Old 12-07-2005, 10:18 AM
Typical Buck

Default Any information on the Illinois 38 pt?

Has anyone on here got the lowdown on this "huge" buck shot somewhere around West Union? I saw a picture and this buck is "awesome"! What I've heard, and you know how stories go, is that this buck has a 30 something inch spread, 38 points, and field dressed around 340 pounds! According to the picture I saw, I'd say these numbers are legit but I haven't heard anymore about it but rumors. One of the rumors was that Cabela's offered $250,000 for the head! Anyone got any information?
Old 12-07-2005, 10:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Any information on the Illinois 38 pt?

No, but I heard of a nice 21 or something down by Bloomington that was taken. I haven't seen any pictures yet, but rumor has it, they harvested the seman from him. 80 vials of the stuff and they were selling for $100 a pop. Now that is some thinking!!
Old 12-07-2005, 01:09 PM

I also heard of a 24 pter by staunton.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator

I've seen a picture of the buck taken near West Union during firearm season, which is about 20 miles north of me. I couldn't make out how many points it had from the pic, but was told it was over 30. Not sure of the spread, but its very wide and might possible go 30". I am also positive it never field dressed at 340 lbs. Maybe 240. The woman who showed me the picture knows the guy who shot him, said she had heard he was offered some money, maybe $50,000 but who knows. Its a great buck for sure. Funny thing is, there is a bowhunter living in the same general area who has taken many huge bucks from that area, worked for PSE for awhile doing seminars, etc. and he is not the one who took this buck. I will try to get some more information at work tonight.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:49 PM
Typical Buck

I've seen a picture of a really really good deer. I'm still trying to find out more about it. All I know is that my TAfound a picture of this guy with a huge non typical. He was in my senior design group last semester but I don't have his phone # so my TA is trying to find out if this guy shot it or if he was just posing with it. As soon as I find out I'll let you know how many points and the score....for all I know it's one of the deer you all are referring to.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:08 PM

Cougar Mag, are referring to Dan Perez by chance?
Old 12-09-2005, 08:12 PM
Typical Buck

Well, last night I talked to the guy I was referring to in my first post. He shot his deer in Lee County, it's 21-23 points and he's saying it will score over 200 as a non-typical...and I believe him based on the photos.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:30 AM
Super Moderator

My friend from work is on vacation this week.[&:]I will find out the man's name this weekend along with the correct info. He shot this buck on his own land with a shotgun.

dwags, the bowhunter I was referring to is Gabe Shaffner. He has put on seminars at the Illinois Deer Classic in the past, and he used to pull a PSE sponsored trailer with a Dodge Ram.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:00 AM

hey yall, they buck yall talkin bouthad only27 or 29 scorealbe points. there is pics somewheres out on the net but i can find them. but the guy was offer 50,000 by some one around the indianapolis indian area. bass pro i think also offered to buy it but i forget for how much. my dad said that he put the rack in a bank vault somewhere and insured it for 60,000 i think. they is waitin for the taxidermis to come back, guess he vaction or somethin. that is about all that i have heard. that and that the buck did have very much body mass to him at all

shaffner has taken some nice deer also charlie guyer has taken some nice deer, and he is from the area to.

just wish i could see bucks like that where we hunt. i hunt about 10 min from where he shot that deer and the biggest thing that i have seen this year is a backet 6. but i do know that that 6 point has a HUGE body on him.

ill have to see if i can find the website. i think that my dad might know what it is.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

If he got offered 50,000 that buck has to score well into the high 200's. Just scoring over 200 won't get you that kind of offer, if its for real its gotta be 250+.

Quick Reply: Any information on the Illinois 38 pt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.