Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 potential indiana world record... >

potential indiana world record...

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

potential indiana world record...

Old 11-21-2005, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default potential indiana world record...

Anybody else heard about this. Supposedly this deer was shot in northern Indiana, near where I live by about 5 miles by Leo, it was checked in at the Sportsman's cove, and I've heard it's green net score goes 220"typical. Anybody else heard about this??? I've heard of a few people talking a bout it but i'm figuring it's just rumors.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:41 AM

Default RE: potential indiana world record...

Okay, here's the deal... I just called there and told them I was doing a term paper for college to raise awareness and whatnot of how the OBR is helping Indiana and asked them what their largest scorable rack has been so far this year... they had a non-typical brought in with 23 points that green scored at 224. There largest typical was scored around 150 or so.... so there ya have it... the story. Sometimes you just have to be sneaky! He said most bucks coming in have been fairly small. I use Sportsman's Cove for all of my archery needs, nice people.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:43 AM

Now watch... someone from there is on this site and will read my sneakiness... But hey, it's a GREAT idea for a term paper, isn't it? [8D]
Old 11-21-2005, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

The potential world record buck you are thinking of was not killed in northern Indiana. It was killed in central Indiana near the town of Morgantown and was checked in at "The Outdoorsman" in Greenwood. It was shot by a 19 year old kid. I have seen the pic and its a huge deer. The main beams curl down at the end and look like drop tines. The dad was the one who checked the deer in and so he is the one holding the deer in the pic. Apparently, the kid considers himself a "casual" hunter and he had no idea the magnitude of the deer he shot. He was more concerned with body weight then the antler size. It was killed on unmanaged farmalnd in which 5 other guys hunted and nobody had ever seen this deer or evidence he was in there.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sportsman's Cove rocks! That's where I get most (if not all) of my archery needs. Even if it's a quick stop and go trip up there, I always spend 30 minutes + talking to Gerry.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:40 PM

Everyone in that place is just nice as can be. I bought hubby's bow there this year, they let us shoot it before we bought it. We do all of our sighting in and stuff there. I'd love to get into one of their leagues in the off season. I haven't done the virtual shoot, but I want to.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

if u find that pic, post it up so i can see it, along with everybody else

Old 11-21-2005, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is the only photo I can come up with so far. Nothing has been officially released about the buck other than it was shot in Indiana.

Regardless of score or record, it's an awesome buck!

Old 11-21-2005, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep thats the deer. World record or not its still an incredible buck.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:00 PM

This deer was indeed checked-in at The Outdoorsman Sportshop in Greenwood IN. The man in the picture is the hunters father and neither one of them knew what they had. The father actually was checking the deer in and asked if anyone knew of a good taxidermist. When he asked, the guy behind the counter asked him what he had out there that needed a taxidermist. The man replied that he thought his son had killed a "pretty good" buck and was thinking of mounting him. The guy behind the counter went out to look at the buck and came back in to say that this may be the biggest buck they will ever get to see in Indiana. Doug Mcpherson, owner of the Outdoorsman offered to help the man and his son cape out the deer and help rough score the rack. It has over 220" of rack, however it has not been determined whether it will be scored typical or non-typical. The picture that is floating around does not do this deer justice. It has a 22" inside spread and 28" main beams. Those are world class measurements. I don't think it will be near the world record for typical. It still is an amazing buck and I'm sure we will read about it in a national publication in months to come.
The guys at The Outdoorsman are awesome as well. They are all serious hunters and fisherman and have everything you would need. As stated in this post, the will drop what they're doing and go help a fellow hunter.

Quick Reply: potential indiana world record...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.