Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Got a nice Buck during T-Zone ( Wisconsin) >

Got a nice Buck during T-Zone ( Wisconsin)

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Got a nice Buck during T-Zone ( Wisconsin)

Old 11-13-2005, 06:30 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Got a nice Buck during T-Zone ( Wisconsin)

ooooohhhh A big buck in WI during the rut with a rifle really tough. I would hang my head in shame. This is not hunting it is slaughter. 90 percent of hunters disaprove of this.
Shotgun, not rifle. By the number of hunters who were out hunting, I doubt very much 90% disaprove. I do also disaprove of the DNR's killing of so many deer in the area. But I am not going to quit hunting. You hunt your way, I will hunt mine.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:18 AM

Wow.... um... kinda speechless. To each their own. I think it is a beautiful buck, and who cares how you got it, it's meat for the freezer (and a LOT of it at that!)
Old 11-14-2005, 12:07 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: rcw280

ooooohhhh A big buck in WI during the rut with a rifle really tough. I would hang my head in shame. This is not hunting it is slaughter. 90 percent of hunters disaprove of this.
rcw280, I take it then that you will not be hunting this weekend during the gun opener. Because if you are you will be doing the same thing. That is the kind of comment that some PETAfile would say. [:'(]
Old 11-14-2005, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

"That is the kind of comment that some PETAfile would say."

PETAfile....lol...clever.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:03 PM

Why is it everytime someone has a really good post someone has to come in and run their mouth? If you disagree with someone then don't post your comments. He put this post on to celabrate his kill, not ask whatreaders oppinions are on gun choices. And besides rcw280 you said in one of your recent post that the 280 is your favorite deer load? So just because the rut is on we have to hunt harder? I suppose when rut starts you crack out your handy homemade long bow with wooden arrows because you are the ethical hard core hunter right? Or do you too use the modern day technology that compound bows with fiberoptic sights and releases have to offer? unless you do it like a indian and make all your own stuff, shut your mouth!!!! Oh yea, nice buck bukmastr!!
Old 11-14-2005, 05:12 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the support guy's. Thats the one thing I dislike about this forum. Seems there are always a few people on here that have nothing but negitive comments. But most of you are pretty supportive.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:10 PM
Fork Horn

Well I tell you what most of the land owners in this area have closed there land to people like you they do not want hunters chasing deer with GUNS any gun for weeks at a time. The only person i know out hunting now is my brother in law and hes one of those that getting a buck is the only thing ethics and laws do not apply. As for being out this weekend yes I will but for nine days only. I have also been out with a camera for the last three weeks and I could have taken a least three bucks better and this is in an area with low deer numbers. But then there is no sport in it to easy. AS I HAVE HEARD OTHERS TALKING ABOUT HOW ITS LIKE SHOOTING FISH IN A BARREL. By the way I notice most of you are from out of the state of WI and that being said you really do not know what is going on in this area with cwd and the dnr trying to ERADICATE the herd yes eradicate they want all deer killed. I have seen way to many deer shot and dumped along the road and a few years ago the dnr set up dumpsters and at just one place the were hundreds of deer stacked in these dumpsters all doe just so these people could get a tag to kill a buck.So shut up until its the herd in your area that is being wiped out.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:00 PM
Fork Horn

I gotta say, just cause the DNR wants to Eradicate the herd does not make them any easier to shoot. I don't think they sent a memo to the deer herd. I would hardly say that a policy will make hunting like shooting fish in a barrell. Anyway it would be cool to see the pictures of the three bucks you took. I love looking at large deer.

Nice Buck Buckmstr.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:31 PM
Fork Horn

I did not say the eradication policy makes them easier to shoot. Hunting with a RIFLE or shotgun for three straight weeks when their guard is way down makes them much easier to shoot they are on the move all day. That is why none of the sporting goods stores that are sponsoring a big buck contest will accept any deer taken prior to the 19th. It is to easy. The comnent about shooting fish in a barrel was spoken by three so called hunters (at a registration station)who shot there buck in five minutes out of the same field. Laughing about how easy it was. Maybe we just have a higher ethical standard around herethan most and more respect for the animal we hunt. In the last four years I could have taken at least three deer that score 150 or better and numerousamount in the 120 to 140 class but I would not consider it hunting I call that shooting.
Now after that being said I would be in favor of a two day youth hunt at the end of Oct. to get their blood flowing and encourging them to hunt nicer weather and all. But for grown men and women I don't thiink so.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:20 AM
Fork Horn

rcw280,

You are so full of chit It makes this whole website stink....Here's a $buck$ go buy yourself a clue. "...I could of done this and I could of done that....! ...shooting fish in a barrel...."

You're an Idgit!

Quick Reply: Got a nice Buck during T-Zone ( Wisconsin)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.