Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 WI T-zone Any Luck >

WI T-zone Any Luck

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

WI T-zone Any Luck

Old 10-27-2005, 11:06 AM

Default WI T-zone Any Luck

I won't have time to hunt T-Zone but I did hear a few rifle shots this moning.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: WI T-zone Any Luck

O'Yeah!

I got this little guy at 8:01am, broadside with the Ole 870 Express! He ran 15 feet and dropped! About 20 minutes later a Monster 12 point was with in 25 feet of me with a small 4 point. I couldn't believe my eyes. Dumbarse me left the digital camera in the truck! He had to be a 150' deer on state land to boot!

Old 10-27-2005, 10:17 PM

I hate t-zone!! i want to be out bowhunting this weekend.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:40 PM
Fork Horn

My son got his first deer with a gun this morning on the T-Zone hunt. So we got one.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

T-zone blows goats IMO. What is the real point of having a T-Zone? To screw things up for bowhunters? If so, it works. If it was a special weekend hunt for kids under 16 or first time hunters, great, but as is there is no reason to have it. In addition with the new rule that bowhunters must harvest a doe between Oct 27-Nov 19th in order to shoot a buck is also retarded. Punishing bowhunters because of whining rifle hunters. With the effort that the average bow hunter puts into this sport, and the difficulty of getting a deer within shooting range, bowhunters should be able to shoot anything anywhere. If not (as in last year) at least keep the rules the same for ALL hunters ALL season long.
FYI, I rifle hunt, but I can totally see how this screws up the guys in the trees.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:58 PM

Handles,
What is up with the EAB from Oct 27- Nov. 19? This is the first I've heard of that. I didn't know there was EAB at all this year in WIS, or is this a new rule that has been proposed for next year? I agree with you and I also take your stand on the T-zone issue. I personally believe that the deer heard is not too large and also that Wisconsin can sustain a much larger deer herd than the one we have. The DNR is simply wrong with
their method of counting deer and it needs much improvement.
Old 10-29-2005, 10:17 AM

i agree, t-zone sucks a$$. its such a great weekend to be bowhunting seeing as how rut is starting sonn and you can only go out and pop does. i want to go bowhunting!!!!!!
Old 10-31-2005, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you are in any of the CWD zones it is EAB for the T-Zone weekend (Oct 27-30) That means that rifle hunters can come in and shoot their doe, then a buck. Same applies for bowhunters except it continues until Nov 19th. but amazingly on Nov 20th it goes back to shoot a buck anytime you want.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:10 PM

T-zone was pretty quiet for us this year...no deer shot at all. I personally think that's a great thing, since the last couple years instead of taking does out of the heard, we've had 4 or 5 buck fawns and 1 or 2 does--not good for the buck:doe ratio.

And, my uncle and both brothers told me they didn't see any does worth shooting, but go figure they all saw pretty nice bucks to shoot--and all they could do was watch 'em!
Old 11-02-2005, 08:06 PM

whats the deal with this new rule u guys are talking about. Does it just apply in the Earn a buck zones or to all bows hunters??

Quick Reply: WI T-zone Any Luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.