Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 RUTTING ACTIVITY IN WIS. >

RUTTING ACTIVITY IN WIS.

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

RUTTING ACTIVITY IN WIS.

Old 10-24-2005, 05:20 PM

Default RUTTING ACTIVITY IN WIS.

Hey there guys. I hunt in Buffalo County, Wisconsin which is in the
west-central part of the state. I'm hoping to get some input from some
other Badger state bowhunters on rutting activity. I think it may be a week or so early yet to see a lot of things going on, but was wondering what everyone else is seeing. This is the time of the year we all wait for!

Old 10-24-2005, 07:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: RUTTING ACTIVITY IN WIS.

Hey drop-tine, I also hunt in Buffalo County. I haven't seen any rutting activity yet, but it should start in a week or two. It's to bad this week is t-zone, because it would have been a good one.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:39 AM

Hey dusters,
How long have you hunted in the county? This is our first yearof land ownership in the county and am curious how past years have been.
We have numerous rubs and a few scrapes, but haven't seen any chasing going on yet. What have you seen in the past as to the timing of the start of the rut?
Old 10-26-2005, 02:49 PM

I hunt in Marquette County and we are seeing a lot of pre-rut activity on our land. I have alot of rubs with a few on good size trees and we have at least three nice scrapes on a 7 acre lot. My dad saw a buck with abouta 16" spread yesterday roaming the land and his budy on the ajoining lot saw a few smaller bucks following a few does. All of what we are seeing is right in line with the past few years which we have had the best luck between Nov. 5-7.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:19 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Drop-Tine

Hey dusters,
How long have you hunted in the county? This is our first yearof land ownership in the county and am curious how past years have been.
We have numerous rubs and a few scrapes, but haven't seen any chasing going on yet. What have you seen in the past as to the timing of the start of the rut?
Well, this is only my 4th year of hunting it, but my dad and his buds has hunted it for over a decade. We have done VERY well there, harvesting numerous P+Y bucks every year for the past 6 years. We usually start seeing chasing in early november and sometimes late October. Scrapes have started to pop up in the past week or so, and the next few weeks will be really good. What part of Buffalo County do you hunt in, and what are the cities bye it?
And from Nov. 507 is the BEST time to hunt IMO, most of our bucks are shot in that week.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:41 PM
Fork Horn

Hi all,

I also hunt Buffalo County in Alma. I will be heading up Nov. 4th until gun starts. My other land is near Osseo and as of last week there were plenty of scrapes and rubs to be found. Deer and Deer hunting lists the top seeking period to start Nov. 12th this year.

Cybersniper
Old 10-26-2005, 11:17 PM

Dusters,
Our place is about7 miles south and west of Mondovi. I was sort of thinking thatnext week after the T-Zone will be good based on reports from other hunters I know in that area. Hopefully our area doesn't get much pressure from that T-zone hunt!!!!
Old 10-27-2005, 09:44 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah, the first week of November is always good. I hunt near Waumande.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:52 PM

When does everyone think the peak of the rut in Wisconsin will be?

Paul
Old 10-30-2005, 09:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Booney160

When does everyone thing the peak of the rut in Wisconsin will be?

Paul
The next 10 days are the peak. Almost everyone who I know was out this weekendthat saw does said they had bucks in tow. The 3-7 of Nov. have been the best for us the last five+ years.

Quick Reply: RUTTING ACTIVITY IN WIS.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.