Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 ANY OHIO ACTIVITY >

ANY OHIO ACTIVITY

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

ANY OHIO ACTIVITY

Old 11-04-2005, 04:49 PM

Default RE: ANY OHIO ACTIVITY

Was out tonight and did not see anything. Had a buddy shoot a doe yesterday, but this warm weather this week and next is really puting the hurts on us. Havea freind that likes to go out supper early and he has seen a nice buck that is moving around five in the morning consistantly. He cant see the deer real well but when the trail cam flashes he pulls the card and has a lot of nice pics. Just to warm and not into the rut yet for the big/smart guys to come out and play. Hey highcountrysp where at in the county you hunting? Im just south of arcadia buy the grave yard. Good luck to all.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

This warm weather has everything out of wack! My last day for work is this upcoming Wednesday and I have an entire week off but I am looking at the forcast with hesitation. Went out this evening also and did not see a thing. My buddy is going out in the morning but I cant so I will keep you posted on his progress. There is a super monster where he is hunting and I am pissed because I cant go. . . damn relationships. . . female only of course!
Old 11-04-2005, 07:52 PM
Fork Horn

I noticed the bucks following the does around the farm here in mount vernon, no major chasing yet seems like warm weather has things out of whack, but I did count 6 dead bucks on the road betwen mansfield and millersburg today
Old 11-05-2005, 04:28 PM

Went out this morning and boy was it great! Does started moving right at sunrise and was moving until about eight thirty. I think I seen eight does but nut sure. They were so active and chasing each other it was hard to keep up with who was who. Also never seen this before but two of the does were on the rag. At first i thoughtit was injured with a texas heart shot but whenI got the bonoculars out for a closer look i seen what i see on my dog![:'(] I realizethey must do this every year, just never seen it.Not sure how long this last for but would assume it is a sign of pre rut to late pre rut. When webreed dogs theydont breed until the red stops and its just clear. would think deer are the same. Also did not see a single buck.[:@]
Old 11-07-2005, 07:09 PM

Have not made it out yet but my one buddy was out this morning and said the deer were moving around well before daylight. He also said he seen two bucks fighting aggressively. He also said bucks were only chasing does lightly. Deer activity lasted for awhileafter sunrise. Went back this evening and did not see or hear a thing.

Old 11-10-2005, 09:08 AM

Let's keep this going! No activity here at all for the last 4 days!
Old 11-10-2005, 09:47 AM

Went out the other day and only seen a small 8 and a doe. The doe and the buck were seen at different times. The buck didnt respond to a bleat or even have his head down. Hotburn76 im hunting right around where 235 and 103 intersect east of bluffton.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:14 PM

Rut is really starting to pick up. With the cooler weather, it will get fun in the next week.

I have seen an increase in rubs that seem to have appeared overnight. We saw three bucks chasing one doe and trying to mount her in a field close to sunset a few nights ago.

Good for me - after tomorrow morning - I am off for ten days. Game ON!
Old 11-10-2005, 05:39 PM

Went out this morning and seen two does right at sunrise. Then at 7:20 an eight pointbuck chased a doe in and out of the woods for about45 min. This is the first timeI Have seen a buck run a doe real hard,nose to the ground the whole time andI could hear him grunting too. Then at 9:30 seen a little six pointer passed him up. The guys that I work with go to Delaware State park and said over the phone that the bucks were moving during the middle of the day and were running the does real hard. Good luck to all!
Old 11-11-2005, 01:29 PM

Talking with a buddy of mine today and he said that he watched a monster just at dark last night chasing a doe around a cut corn field. The colder weather should jump start the rut, lets hope.

Quick Reply: ANY OHIO ACTIVITY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.