Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 cost to lease land >

cost to lease land

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

cost to lease land

Old 10-13-2005, 08:45 PM

Default cost to lease land

I was wondering what the average cost per acre is to lease or have previlage to hunt land for deer and turkey for season or all year I live in Polk cty and 1 lot is medium woods unknown wildlife 30 acres and a forty heavy trees same unknow wildlife.reason so late is where I use to hunt always drags he's feet about letting me hunt and been helping him out all year long average of 200 to 300 hrs no charge Thanks
Old 10-13-2005, 11:31 PM

Default RE: cost to lease land

anywhere from 10$ to 40$ an acre.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:06 AM

In Carroll County IL the outfitterspaid some guys $30 a acre for prime land for long leases. Recently they are paying up to $40 and the guys who are losing their leases are paying more. The farm next to mine with 100 acres of woods and a 100 acres of hay fields/pasture was leased for $50 a acre by some Chicago hunters and they are looking for more land.Based on that I would say prime woodlands lease are well over $75 a acre.

The outfitters get $1,500 to $2,500 for gun season weekend out here. Bow is 100+ per day and not guided.
It won't be long before most of us won't afford to go hunt as the Chicago money and oufitters drive up the cost of the land.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:43 PM

Outfitters have made it almsot impossible for me to hunt in my home county of Pike in Illinois it is getting out of control down here.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:21 AM

Last Oct. I lost 250 acres in north central IL to hunters from PA who paid $25/ac. (bow only). I hunted the property for 5 years for free after befriending the farmer.
One month laterI gained access (sole permission for hunting) on 1000 ac. (!) in South IA for the whopping cost of 2 Door County Cherry pies. No Lie!
This year I'll have to double my lease to 4 pies.
Living proof that there is a god and he likes poor bowhunters.

Old 10-20-2005, 02:21 PM

I pay50 Cents an acre for 650acres of the best hunting land in western indiana year round.and isee deerand turkey every time i go there. small bucks everywhere and afew big boys to keep them in line. there are some nice deer in indiana but shhh dont tell anyonei dont want the outfitters moving in here and driving up the prices
Old 10-20-2005, 02:24 PM

here in al. from $7 to $10 an acre.we have more out of town hunters than locals
Old 10-21-2005, 07:23 AM
Fork Horn

A neighbor auctioned his Iowa lease on eBay andgot $10/acre.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:06 AM

Thanks for all the info I went $25 an acre for rest of year
Old 10-22-2005, 12:31 PM

I feel that Leased hunting land is going to end up driving our sport into the gound. I expect in my lifetime I will see most landowners req money to hunt the Wildlife that belongs to everyone. Someday it will only be the upper class that can afford to hunt and our sport will die.....Leased hunting land makes me sad.

Quick Reply: cost to lease land

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.