Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

WI Rut

Old 10-11-2005, 09:01 AM
Fork Horn

Default WI Rut

sunday night I had a nice 10 point buck grunting and following the trail of a doe already. the bucks have definately started hitting the scrapes in the last week or so here. anyone else notice anything yet?
Old 10-11-2005, 03:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: WI Rut

I moved my cameras to cover new scrapes that I found last Saturday. They are the first scrapes that I have seen.
Brian
Old 10-12-2005, 12:49 PM

This will be the first weekend I'll be out in the woods due to college and knee surgery. I will let you know what sign I find, hopeing for a good weekend! Good Luck Everyone!

Paul
Old 10-16-2005, 08:37 PM

Buck activity is sure picking up. Was out tonight and had a doe and her fawn come running by my stand and they werent going to stop. Ten minutes later had a buck coming trolling threw right on there tail. About 15 minutes later, here came the does again. this Time they stoped caused i bleated at them and the buck was right behind them, just a little basket rack and he kept sniffing the older doe and poking her in the rear with his antlers. She didnt like that too much and took off again but the buck went in a different direction. The rut is definetly near in WI. I think alot of the younger bucks are sniffing around now more then the more dominate mature bucks. I'm headed out again tomorrow night. Maybe one of the mature bucks will we sniffing around and making scrapes!
Old 10-16-2005, 09:11 PM

Buck activity is definitly picking up! I was able to grunt in one buck and another was running throughabout 10 minutesafterI saw a doe run through.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:01 AM

this weekend will be my first weekend due to college, This will be my first year bow hunting. i will be looking for bucks and toms this weekend. Hopefully its successful, i will let you know what i see, and hopefully kill.