Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Indiana Hunters >

Indiana Hunters

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Hunters

Old 09-28-2005, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Indiana Hunters

Realistically, I don't plan on seeing many deer on my land until:

A) Beans get combined.

2) Temps go down to where they are supposed to be.

D) Pre-rut kicks in.

Until then, I'll target the fields in the morning and evenings.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:29 AM

Hey guys. I hunt blackford huntington and whitley county. Anyone else up in my area? I can't wait for tommorrow morning.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt in Cass County. I dont plan on hitting the woods until the last 2 weeks in October. It's been my experience that the closer to Novemeber it gets, the better the hunting is. So i like to stay out of the area until they really get moving. Last year i decided to go out early, since it got so cold early in October, i think i seen maybe 5 doe in 2 weeks. As soon as the Corn went down on Halloween night, i had 12 deer under me, including a young buck. That last week in October i seen a buck every morning i went out. I just hope this year they have grown up a tad.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:36 PM
Fork Horn

well the wife had a nice doe on the ground by 7:30 she had a pass thru, and watched the doe go down!! great way to start the season!!
Old 10-01-2005, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like my start to the season is gonna be delayed by a broken leg in two places, and a broken and dislocated ankle, with two screws in it. Bring 'em down for me fellas.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saw a bunch of does early..and late in the day.

Gonna try in the morning..but that's it. Football's on tomorrow.

GOOO COLTS
Old 10-03-2005, 09:11 AM

saw 3 does on sat. but couldn't get off a shot without getting busted. Nothing on sunday.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:30 AM

Hey everyone... it's been a while since I have been here, had a lot going on with getting married and all that... also was getting a ton of undesired PM's last time I was 'round these parts, so I am going to disable the PM's this time to avoid that whole mess.

I got to go out Saturday night, Sunday morning and Sunday night.... saw 8 does total this weekend, closest one was at about 100 yds. She was with two little ones headed my way, but I think the sun was reflecting off of my broadhead and gave her a "head's up". She didn't get spooked, but she changed her path after 15 minutes of staring in my direction and never came back around. I don't think I am going to have a good bow season... have some teenage kids with 4 wheelers all over the dang place stirring up the whole woods, usually we see a good 20-30 deer on any given weekend, but since they rented that house, our place to hunt has gone to hell in a handbasket. I think we are going to offer the landowner money to keep them off the property until December, it's the only thing we can come up with, the kids have no respect. They drove right under my husband's stand 4 times last night until he came out and gave them hell, they didn't seem to care, stopped for 20 minutes and went right back at it.[:@]

The landowner told them if our truck was in the field to stay out, but like I said, they have no respect... He ended up coming to my stand and sat with me, there obviously was no point to sitting in his.

Lots of tracks, no rubs yet, some very well worn trails running directly under my stand though, we happen to have apple trees all around our stand, so it's a good spot if we can keep the yin-yins out!
Old 10-03-2005, 06:15 PM

Vigo County here, actually hunt on the southwest Vigo/Sullivan county line. Down by the new Fairbanks area. Most crops still in, to dog gone hot, only seen on and it was on the edge. Going to wait until maybe Thursday befor we go out again. Then hunt the western edge maybe 30 yds in to the woods, between the corn and the water. By hunting closer to the water it should up our chances of seeing anything.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear about the PM deal, BHG...being that I remember you last year on here. BTW, you still hunt NE Indiana area?

WTH...91 degree's today on OCTOBER 3rd?!?!?! Got out of work early..REALLY wanted to go hunting..but screw that idea. I'll wait until later this week when the temps are supposed to drop to the 60's as a high...starting Thursday or so.

Quick Reply: Indiana Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.