Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Wisc. CWD zone question >

Wisc. CWD zone question

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Wisc. CWD zone question

Old 08-22-2005, 04:34 PM
Typical Buck

Default Wisc. CWD zone question

So how many of you have seen the rules and the expansion of the CWD zone? Catch this about 1/4 of the state is now a CWD zone. This year there will be NO earn a buck restrictions for the entire bow season or the extended regular gun season that is over a month long. This means you can get up to 4 tags per day with no limet on deer... Bucks, does, fawns, shoot em all.. And they have opened up rifles in the intense management ares that were closed to rifles for safety reasons years ago... When all this shooting is over, do you think the WDNR will accept responsability for the people who get shot?
Old 08-23-2005, 07:56 PM

Default RE: Wisc. CWD zone question

I think you better re-read your regulations, there are certain zones that are earn-a-buck during certain times. Good and confusing, glad I normally hunt in 74B.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:41 PM
Typical Buck

I read and understand them fully. The only earn-a-buck going on in Wisconsin is during the 4 day t-zone hunt. Within the CWD unit regular gun season and extended season that lasts till into January there are absolutly no limetations on what you can shoot. Free tags with no limets. YOU BETTER GO READ YOUR REGULATIONS
Old 08-24-2005, 08:47 PM
Fork Horn

The only person to ever blame for a person getting shot, is THE SHOOTER!

"Know your target and beyond"
Old 08-24-2005, 09:26 PM

I apologize buckmastr, I was looking at the archery regulations, you were refering to the gun seasons. For archery in the CWD zones there is a period from Oct 27th-Nov 17 where it is Earn a buck. but for rifle season there is no earn a buck except for the early Oct 27-30 season. So I guess we were both right. I was just hoping to have more options for bow hunting, some of which are in zone 71, but I dont want to deal with EAB.

Sorry for the confusion
Old 08-25-2005, 05:28 PM
Typical Buck

The only person to ever blame for a person getting shot, is THE SHOOTER!
Then why not open hand grenades and missle launchers,? Yes, the person who causes the accident should be held responsable. But opening rifles in areas where rifles were closed for safty reasons, then allowing the hunters to shoot any and all deer they see is totally irresponsable. I had close calls and was nearly shot twice in the last two years by irrisponsible hunters.
Old 08-28-2005, 07:43 PM

This is really great. No more earning my buck tag for rifle season. I guess I now can shoot 4 bucks a day? Too cool. No, for real though, I'll still shoot a bunch of does and only 130+ or better bucks during rifle season. My hunting won't change..

slayer
Old 09-06-2005, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Question: So if I'm archery hunting between Oct 27 and Nov 19th, I must first kill a doe to EAB right? What if I shoot a doe Oct 26th? Will I get an EAB tag to use or must I shoot a another doe the very next day?
Old 09-06-2005, 06:25 PM
Typical Buck

I beleive you are allowed to earn your buck prior to the earn a buck restriction.
Old 09-11-2005, 07:30 AM
Fork Horn

The fact that for umteen years its not been safe to hunt certain areas with centerfire rifles for deer and now that they want to eliminate more deer, that safety issue is discarded, just gets my goat. When in fact if it wasn't safe before, its surely not now with all the homes being built in rural areas. Sure its the shooters responsibility to know his target and beyond, but some people didn't absorb anything in their hunting safety classes.

Quick Reply: Wisc. CWD zone question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.