Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

MO hog hunts.

Old 07-31-2005, 04:42 PM

Default MO hog hunts.

about 3 weeks ago i think someone said that the MO DNR was letting people hunt hogs on their land for free or a real cheap price. if this is the case where can i get more info?

Old 07-31-2005, 09:35 PM

Default RE: MO hog hunts.

Missouri is getting a population of feral hogs in the southern part of the state, I know of a lot of guys killing them around the Lesterville and Centerville area, but they are pretty hard to hunt form what I hear. The Dept of Conservation wants them shot on sight so they dont become a problem. It is rumored that a bunch of hogs were released in the area a few years ago when hog prices went to nothing, maybe some people wanted something new to hunt, there is supposed to be a lot of them there, but are very nocturnal and skittish.You dont have to have a tag, except when it is deer season, oyu have to have a deer tag, I think you may have to have a hunting liscense, but no tags and no limits, they want them gone.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:58 AM

so most of them are in the south? doo you know of any in the north eastern part of the state? like around Mark Twain Lake.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:17 PM
Spike

Buckhunter did a little research sw part of Wisconsin has pig potential got some info from DNR would like to try piggin once.Also from what I've learned fall to spring are best times to hunt them.Cost $80 for Wisconsin NR small game tag required but no limit.Even public property where I was given advice to go
Old 08-03-2005, 03:54 PM
Fork Horn

There aint any around Mark twain lake that I know of. I live around 30 miles of it.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:06 AM

As far as I know, just southern MO, South of the MO river. There is a population around Fort Leonard Wood, you have to go to their website to get info on hunting the base though.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I contacted the Conservation Dept about two years ago to maybe hunt them. Most of the population was mostly around the Rolla area, in the Mark Twain National Forest. The officer I spoke with said most of the hogs had already been shot out. Only a small number of them remain, but didn't expand on anything other than that. I ended up not going since he said they were getting so few and very hard to find. If you contact the Mo. Dept of conservation, they will send you a packet on where you can findthem and all the info about them.

here's a link http://mdc.mo.gov/landown/wild/nuisance/hogs/huntingtips.htm

good luck
Old 08-05-2005, 06:57 PM

www.missouriconservation.org

Do a search for feral hogs. Pretty much tells it all.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:15 AM

thanks for the info.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:23 AM

I have a good friend who lives in Centerville, Mo. thattold me a few weeks ago the hogs are literally taking over all of his deer hunting spots. He claiming that where the hogs move in,the deer move on and he's pretty perturbed about the situation. Ialso had heard their numbers where very much on the decline by all the locals working themover but I trust this fella's word to theletter.

The area ofparticular interest would have to be south of 32 hwy.,west of 21 hwy., north of 72 hwy. and east of KK hwy. or in other words all of the upper reaches of both the west and middle forks of Black river.

Hope this helps you out, YFIS.

Quick Reply: MO hog hunts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.