Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 iowa hunters??? >

iowa hunters???

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

iowa hunters???

Old 07-25-2005, 03:50 PM

Default iowa hunters???

any of you guys iowa hunter on here. if so what part, im in the south west part. in shelby county.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:05 PM

Default RE: iowa hunters???

Im in the middle eastern part Clinton County. What do you think about this new Rifle and Shotgun season?
Old 07-25-2005, 07:26 PM

well i think the shotgun season is fine, but the rifle season is a kind of good idea, but there is gona be a increase in injuries. i saythis because young teens like me are gona go out and think hey i got a gun, not realizing there rifles are more powerful then the average shotgun. what im sayin is there teens are gona think the are still shooting shotguns and pull the trigger thinking the bullet will hit the deer and drop out the otherside like a slug, but there wrong they will keep flyin and flyin. that what i think, but im usaully not right.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:36 PM

I hunt in the northwest part in Woodbury county. I used to slug hunt but use a muzzleloader now but do think the rifle season is a good idea as I would like to try it with my high power. The only bad feeling I have about it is people firing all over like a shotgun sending bullets miles away.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:44 PM

southeast iowa here, down in iowa county. I don't really like the new seasons, i hope archery season isn't screwed up to much, will be interesting to see how spooked the deer are.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:35 AM

I live in Manning, IA. Carroll county, not too far from Shelby County.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:16 AM

checking in out of the Logan, Portsmouth area. Right on the border of Harrison and Shelby county
Old 07-30-2005, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be hunting your state next year, week of November 12th in or around GARDEN GROVE IOWA, not sure what county that is. The use of rifles will hurt your deer herd. As you all know you will be able to reach out further, so that big buck your after with the bow, shotgun, or muzzleloader may be taken by someone else. I would rather they allow you guys more antlerless deer, then allowing rifles. good luck to you all, and be safe!!!
Old 07-30-2005, 05:24 PM

Well i really dont like the new seasons because i bow hunt only, I have absolutly nothing against gun hunters it is just that the places i hunt i cant use a gun. I dont like the season because iowa is a State with BIG bucks and once they find out that this rifle season is ok on does and they make all of Iowa a rifle state there goes are big buck population. I am really afraid of the accidents that we will have too, i just knowpeople aregoing to get hurt.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

NE corner right on the ILL./Iowa border. I am about 45 min. south of Debuque & 15 min walk to the Mississippi River. I just Bowhunt. I know how the Rifle season is in Ws.. Hope the Iowa Rifle Hunters knowwhen to safly shoot.

Quick Reply: iowa hunters???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.