Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Kisky's WE5-Has anyone seen it? >

Kisky's WE5-Has anyone seen it?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Kisky's WE5-Has anyone seen it?

Old 07-05-2005, 03:26 AM

Default Kisky's WE5-Has anyone seen it?

Just wondering if any of you have seen it and what you thought of the DVD? I was lucky enough to get some footage on it both in front of and behind the camera. I had a blast, although I think I did better behind the camera than in front of it. I filmed John Sharp take a dandy of a 10 point. Let me know what you guys and gals think?

Thanks, Chris
Old 07-05-2005, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Kisky's WE5-Has anyone seen it?

Kandi got a copy out to me last week and I think there was a lot of great footage on it. The production was definitely up to par with the past WE installments, which I was pleasantly suprised with. Having gone on their own and away from Drury's production I was a little worried about what I was going to get, but I think the DVD came together great.

Unfortunately there were a few missed shots with the camera, but that's life. I think a lot of the footage laid down by the "newcomers" really gave the entire production a fresh feeling and more than made up for any flaws it may have had. Overall I was very happy with it, and I'm sure I'll be watching it a few more times before it's time to get back out in the woods again.

By the way - which footage had you in front of the camera?

Old 07-05-2005, 03:14 PM

Justin, thanks for the kind words about the newcomers. John and I had never hunted together before, solast season was really an adventure for us. It all came together though. My hunt is the one with the decoy encounter and then the 6 point harvest right after it.

We really had an exciting season. I had a huge 11 point duck my arrow on film. I tend to shoot high and it cost me on this buck. I had 2 encounters with him this past fall. I know he made it through the season, so I'm really looking forward to this fall. I did end up taking a great buck off camera 8 days after the miss. It happened to be the only day that John couldn't make it to video me. It was a 150+ gross 25" wide 9 point. That at least took the sting out of blowing the shot on the booner.

I tell you one thing I doubt I ever go in the woods without the camera again. The little things one experiences day to day while in the stand are hard to share with friends and family without having them on film.

Chris

Old 07-05-2005, 04:10 PM
Fork Horn

I just ordered acopy this past weekend and can't wait for it to get here. If it's anything like the other ones I have no doubts that it will be AWESOME!!!
Old 07-08-2005, 05:56 PM
Fork Horn

I just finshed watching it andthought that it was a great video (as usual). John's hunt was one of the best on there. That buck sure was a tough deer...I didn't think he was ever gonna hit the ground. That was a heck of a 6-pt. that you shot too. I've been watching one for the past monththat looks quite a bit like that one...I'll defiantely take him if a get an opportunity at him this fall. Overall, Ithink that you two did a great job as first time videographers. Good luck this fall!