Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Land for Sale or Lease
7,000-Acre Kansas Lease >

7,000-Acre Kansas Lease

Land for Sale or Lease Post your hunting land for sale here!

7,000-Acre Kansas Lease

Old 06-01-2017, 04:23 AM
Spike

Default 7,000-Acre Kansas Lease

New 7,000-acre lease in Kansas Unit 1 now open for membership. Located in Cheyenne County. Limited to 10 members. $5500 per person. Includes all hunting rights, lease of a furnished farm house, house utilities, and liability insurance. Limits for mule deer, white-tailed deer, turkey, pheasant and quail as set by KS regulations. Annual draw rate is 80% for white-tailed deer and 20% for mule deer. A person can expect to be drawn 8 out of 10 years for white-tailed deer.

Land is roughly 80% open ground and 20% timber/brush cover. Patchwork of native grassland, row crop, brushy ravine, and pasture. Terrain ranges from river bottom cropland to rolling hills with rocky ravines. Borders Republican River. Landowner does not hunt and has not allowed hunting for decades. Excellent quality mule deer, white-tailed deer, pheasant and turkey hunting. It is a working row crop and cattle farm that gets watched 24/7.

Last edited by Taproot; 06-01-2017 at 05:36 AM.
Old 06-01-2017, 04:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Is that $5,500 per person or $5,500 for the lease up to 10 hunters?
Old 06-01-2017, 04:51 AM
Spike

$5500/person with a total of 10 members on the lease.
Old 06-01-2017, 01:52 PM
Fork Horn

55,000 for 7,000acres that's a lot of land that's around 7,000 and change an acre but 5500 a person and only 10 hunters on 7,000 acres is nothing that's 700 acres to your self for whitetail Mulies and great turkey hunting I'm sure don't seem that bad even for a non resident that has the time to go say 3 weeks a year that's a week for each critter can't go out of state for three weeks for that on a pay hunt plus a house to stay in. Not that bad if ya think about it maybe for some but those that can use it every year it's awesome ... good luck with ya members
Old 06-01-2017, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

But if only 20% is timber/cover that's only 1,400 acres between 10 hunters.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:45 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Rob in VT
But if only 20% is timber/cover that's only 1,400 acres between 10 hunters.
Incorrect. There are 7,000 hunt-able acres between 10 hunters. Deer thrive in the 80% open areas as well as the 20% timbered areas. It is totally different that hunting densely forested regions in the Eastern US.
Old 06-02-2017, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

not to sound like a jerk here, but I have hunted in like places, deer MIGHT be in them open area's but will be there at dark, or barely first light or last light, rest of day, there NOT out in the open, , and once hunting season starts, they don't expose themselves to OPEN fields, all that much either, even on BIG Tracts of land, they don't live by being dumb?/

plus if you have standing crops, that limits the amount of usable land to hunt as well, as I doubt you want hunters trampling thru crops to TRY to shoot things on you??

I'm NOT saying what your offering is a good deal , OR saying its BAD, just saying, if 80% is open and or crops, that leaves a LOT less land for hunters to hunt in, about 175 acres a guy, and I bet NOT all of them acres is PRIME deer holding area's
on Open land, deer tend to have spots they like better , just like every where else deer live
lease's can be cray, some guys pay crazy amounts, all I guess comes down to what your pocket can afford and you feel is a GOOD price and are willing to pay.
But the average working man, , this seems way past what one can afford.
One question I would have if I was interested here, would be HOW many hunters HAVE been hunting it the past say 10 yrs, and HOW many deer have been harvested in same time period, AS if your doing QDM< I would gather you know this,
with all this land, deer numbers I would think need to be in check, for the best results?
too many is as bad or worse than too few?
Just something I'd wonder about if I was a looking!
but gather these stats can be done in emails with honest interested folks,
I am not , as cannot afford something like this LOL

best of luck to you filling the lease,
Old 06-04-2017, 10:12 AM
Spike

MRBB, the owner bought this farm in the 70s and has never allowed it to be hunted until this year. The farm holds a lot of deer. Open country broken up by ravines and brushy cover is the rule and not the exception out there. More than enough real estate for 10 members.
Old 06-04-2017, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

wasn't saying it wasn't enough land for 10 hunters
BUt QDM< isn't NOT letting anyone hunt the place, that can actually lead to BAD conditions, NOT all GOOD< as too many mouths feeding on landscape can cause inferior food for all, out of control buck to doe numbers and so on!

there is many things that QDM actually does to MAKE a place better for both wildlife and hunters!

its NOT just about regulating HOW many guys hunt it

that is why some lands in some places with QUALITY QDM< can bring BIG bucks to lease's or outfitted hunts!
my point here isn;'t to bash, its to inform you,
is better managed land will ONLY bring the owner more money from hunters and the likes.

But again, I still think for the right guys this is a decent chance to have a lot of land to hunt on!
best of luck to you getting the right guys, for BOTH sides, land owners and hunters, could be a long term deal with the right group!
Old 06-05-2017, 04:22 AM
Spike

All good points. Not our first rodeo either. I'm a Certified Wildlife Biologist and have been practicing higher end QDM on our managed lands since the early 90s. Legitimate QDM begins with goals and realistic expectations. Too many hunters get sucked into believing the infomercials and slick ads promising monster bucks in no time if you just use product X.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.