Community
Land for Sale or Lease Post your hunting land for sale here!

Hunting land

Old 03-28-2011, 08:03 AM
Fork Horn

Post Hunting land

Hey guys I was wondering the best way you can get to go hunt on better land. I currently don't have a lot of land to hunt on and I was wondering where or how I could get more land without paying 150 grand haha. Thanks for any replys
Old 03-28-2011, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get a Job...You Bum! Just kidding

Maybe check around and rent some Land,Join a Lease or even do some work for a Farmer for permission to hunt on their land?Now a days its a lot harder to find any amount of Land to be able to hunt on for free...check local newspapers or craigslist for any leases to hunt on,talk to some Neighbors or Local Farmers to see if there is any land available to hunt on....a lot of Hunting Sites like this one have a Lease/Hunting Section to check for places to hunt on!

I saw an add in the local Bar/Country Store about some land to Lease and knew the Owner and ended up with a new place to hunt...You just have to shop around and talk with others...even check the Bulletin Boards at local Feed Stores and Meat Markets,Butcher Shops etc. for places to hunt...ride around the back roads and look for some Farm Houses to knock on their doors and ask....and/or put an add in the local news paper...if You lived in Missouri I could fix You up in a jiffy!

Last edited by GTOHunter; 03-28-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:53 PM
Typical Buck

I don't know what part of MN you in, but knocking on doors and getting to know the locals is about the cheapest way, although it can be discouarging at times. Down in the S/E corner it's tough, because of the over the counter tags everything is leased up by outfitters. There is still good ground that is public and even a few willing private land owners but you have to put your time in and scout hard. If you do the leg work the big ones are there. Good luck
Old 03-29-2011, 05:13 AM
Super Moderator

Moved here, you can get better answers here.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:53 AM
Fork Horn

Ya I do have some really good public land by my place that I found a lot of sheds on and one will be a shooter this year