Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Sangchris

Old 04-28-2013, 10:30 AM
Spike

Default Sangchris

I've been checking Lake Sangchris lately, last time on 4/26. Water is still high but coming down. Visibility is bad, less than one foot. Walked some shoreline in a few spots and saw zero fish and no smoke screens or roiled areas. Creek below the dam is out of its banks and moving quite a bit of water. Didn't see anything down there either.

Has anybody been out there this spring?
Old 04-28-2013, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

My cousin Marty has a buddy who just fished it last weekend and did very well. Had a double row of carp on his truck tail gate, and a couple dandys. looked like he had about 30 or so.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:13 PM
Spike

Good deal! Was he in the middle arm? Water should be warmer there. Guess I need to get the boat out.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have no idea, I just got a picture on my phone and a short note.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:21 PM
Spike

Went to Sangchris again on Friday, May 24. Found a few commons along the shoreline in the big overflow bay, but wind and clarity issues made it "challenging". Went down below the dam and walked down the west side of the creek. Water was up, but accessible. There were lots of gar, shortnose and a few spotteds. Worked my way down and found a couple commons to shoot and finally found one nice bighead. The creek finally swamped out in a low area and I headed back toward the dam.. About 80 yds below the spillway, I found a small pod of bigheads and managed to take out three of them before they quit coming back. There were a bunch of silvers jumping in the rushing water in the chute, but I didnt see any where I could get to them. Didn't see any grassies this time.

With all of this weekends rain, it may be next weekend before the water goes back down enuf to get below the dam.