Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Clinton lake

Old 08-26-2012, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Clinton lake

Cliff and I hit clinton lake this past friday. put in at Muscutin ramp. due to low water had to back way down to float off boat. When i hit the brakes to launch the boat I just slid down into the water as the back tires was on the now exposed moss that is usually under water. Fortuantly my front tires were still dry and with 4x4 was able to pull out. Had I been in a 2x4 I would have been in big trouble. The water was clear way down and very little wind. seen lots of fish almost every bit of structure still in the water had fish by it. Went again on Saturday, boy what a difference a day makes. first it was windy 10-15 wind, white caps and a million boats, jet ski's and sail boats. Water was cloudy and every cove had a boat either parked and swimming or up on the bank picknicing. Seen a few fish boated only 6 with a few pull off's. So fishing is good if you go during the week or at night.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:38 PM
Fork Horn

we went friday night and did pretty good but we also put on a 930 and loaded the boat at 6am the water is super low and wasnt clear but wasnt muddy either we trolled from the west side to the beach and back