Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

where to bowfish at?

Old 07-04-2012, 12:34 PM
Spike

Default where to bowfish at?

Hello, I am just getting into bowfishing and have shot a couple fish. me and my friend are really wanting to go to the illinois river to bowfish. I live near springfield, IL. So i dont want to have to drive to far up the river. Anybody got any advice on a place i can go legally and find carp, and gar to shoot from the shore?
Any advice is appreciated! thanks..
Old 07-04-2012, 06:32 PM
Typical Buck

Harden, plenty of rough fish in the near by Sangamon River, including Asian carp. Also if you have a boat, hit Sanchris Lake for lots of common carp.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:45 PM
Fork Horn

sanchris is pretty muddy right now we went a few days ago weve been hitting the local creeks and shooting lots of buffalo and gar and asians
Old 07-06-2012, 11:05 AM
Typical Buck

It's a shame you can't bow fish even parts of Lake Springfield as there are areas that are loaded with rough fish.
Old 02-25-2015, 03:22 PM
Spike

holy crap you live in Springfield? i live about 45 minutes away outside of Virginia, we hunt on the Sangamon so if your around, hit me up sometime and we'll go!!!