Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Lake Shelbyville 4/6/12

Old 04-06-2012, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Lake Shelbyville 4/6/12

Old 04-06-2012, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bill and I hit shelbyville for a couple of hours today. Should have brought our waiders instead of the boat. We put in at Wolf creek, started up North from ramp, went past the island just off the ramp and ran aground with motor. We could not even get to the small coves just past the island. The picture above is Eagle creek cove, and they all look like this. did see a few fish, water was cloudy, as with any rain the run off will be pure mud as that is what all the coves banks are. On the way into Wolf creek as you cross the bridges looks like you could step across the streams feeding the lake.
We did boat 5 fish largest 9.4 pounds shown. Spend most of the time looking for calm water.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:30 PM
Fork Horn

im going tom night...more towards river and northern end tho
Old 04-07-2012, 04:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good Luck, Trust me you have never seen it this low. Unless U are out in the main lake becareful opening up the motor. I could not believe it when I ran aground where I did.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:05 AM
Fork Horn

it was actually real close to this low about 2 weeks b4 the tournament 2 years ago. I thought the tourn would be horibble but it rose about 5+ ft. This is the best time to shoot some of the lake and the rivers coming into it. Wish u could get into the small streams coming into the lake because they are crystal clear right now. Scoped them all out while shed and mushroom hunting.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:06 AM
Fork Horn

yea and i learned my leason year b4 last about the low levels. Two holes in boat and barely making it back without sinking boat makes me very leary about that lake. Specially since there were no trees around
Old 04-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Typical Buck

good luck if you're going up near Wilborne Creek. If it's that low over at Eagle, then the whole north side up there will be tough going and I can guarantee you won't get to the old free ramp above Wilborne.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:10 PM
Fork Horn

didnt get to go at all since my buddy showed up without the genny. And then the lights on trailer started acting up again so just another trip that didnt get started this year. And here i was hoping to break 1000 for the year