Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Rough Fish Roundup Cancelled

Old 08-10-2011, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Rough Fish Roundup Cancelled

As the title says.. Matt Clark has decided to cancel the Rough Fish Roundup this year..

Sorry..

Ken
Old 08-10-2011, 07:12 PM
Fork Horn

any reason?
Old 08-11-2011, 02:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

They said it was because they didn't see any fish up... ????
Old 08-11-2011, 10:03 AM
Fork Horn

maybe on the south end where they fish...But last sat we only fished 6 hrs and mainly went to alot of gar spots for quantity. We seen tons of fish that u couldnt see because of water but they was all over the place. We got like 26 only 10 carp but like i say we didnt pin point exactly where they was till end of night. Maybe 120# for 20 fish but i think we gonna go out just to see what we would have got.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:24 AM
Spike

I would think it's because a lot of your shooters are going to the AMS Big 30. Am I correct? There weren't a lot of fish last year and you still had the shoot.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator

No, it's because of the lack of fish. Last year fish were scarce, this past week they've been non-existent. The Shelby Shooters went out on two nights and only shot a total of four fish. The lake has been tough all year.

Matt and Brian didn't want people to be unhappy with the shoot because the fishing sucked and so now he has people mad because he cancelled the shoot. It's a lose-lose situation for them.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:50 AM
Typical Buck

I, for one, think it was an honorable thing to do if they are absolutely sure that fishing would be miserable.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:07 PM
Fork Horn

I aint gonna get to go check it out cause noone else can go shoot it tonight. So if there aint a tourn i aint going by myself. But i think they need to have it earlier if they want good fishing. I also know it would have been a little better than last year. The water is a little clearer and there were more fish up last weekend than last year. But since they puit it on its there call on to have it or not so the people mad should just put there own on i guess. I aint ever done it or want to but im sure it takes alot to host these tourns. Plus u have to give up a good bit of ur fishing just to do it.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:54 PM
Spike

Yep, I'd like to know that there weren't many fish when I'd have to drive a long way. Good call.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:58 PM
Fork Horn

rained most of night anyways so it was a great call