Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

deck build: done

Old 08-08-2011, 07:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default deck build: done

Here are pics of the build on the boat.It now has mud,blood & slim on it.DONE!I'll mount lights soon.
Attached Thumbnails deck build: done-pic-5.jpeg   deck build: done-_preview_.jpegpic-4.jpeg   deck build: done-_preview_.jpegpic6.jpeg  
Old 08-08-2011, 07:14 PM
Fork Horn

Oh ya,as far as replacing the shaft on the troller,if you like bowfishing...DON'T DO IT !
Old 08-09-2011, 05:29 AM
Spike

Kentucky here we come?!
Old 08-09-2011, 06:48 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by jerry nicholson
Oh ya,as far as replacing the shaft on the troller,if you like bowfishing...DON'T DO IT !
does that mean it takes alot of time???? thats y i have been putting it off for 3 months at least... Does ur boat tend to lean if u get alot of weight on one side of the deck. My deck is similar where it comes out past sides and i was wondering if float pods in back would helkp to stop it from leaning as much
Old 08-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JPIKE
...My deck is similar where it comes out past sides and i was wondering if float pods in back would helkp to stop it from leaning as much
Joe, float pods just help you carry a bit more weight toward the back. If your leaning is side to side, pods won't help. That's why most decks don't overhang the gunnels. Get a few big guys on there and you're just asking to sink the boat.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:28 AM
Fork Horn

My troller shaft was a lot of hard work.I don't think the average person could do what had to be done in the garage.The boat has some lean when just 1 person is in it.It is only 6in. over the side.We were on the Mississippi Sat. and had no problem at all.It handled great and I am very pleased with the whole project.