Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Musky

Old 04-03-2011, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Musky

The other night while bow fishing on georgetown lake at night we were up right by the bank getting a stuck arrow out of the roots. I spotted a long slinder fish about 6 inches long, first Bill and I thought it was a gar. But getting a very close and good look it defently was a fingerling musky. It was with in an arrows length, as it swam under a leaf right against the bank, I was able to move the leaf with my arrow and it just laid there. So there must be at least 2 Maiting pair in the little vermilion. We were way up as far as I have ever fished.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:55 PM
Typical Buck

John, my guess, not probably a musky but a northern pike. They can tolerate a lot more stained, shallow and warmer water than a musky and do get stocked more often around here, although I guess they could be a hybrid tiger musky
Old 04-05-2011, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

We thought that too so we got closer qnd got a very good look. It just did not look like a pike, of course it could have been. hard to see a lot of exact detail when they are that small. I't head just looked too wide and it had blotches for camo.