Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Carp in the United Kingdom

Old 03-25-2011, 08:33 AM
Spike

Default Carp in the United Kingdom

I am working in the UK for 4 weeks and talking some fishing with some of the Brits here and it is amazing the difference in mentality for carp here. Carp are a serous game fish here and it is catch and release only with barbless hooks and in some areas you have to put antiseptic on the carps mouth where you hooked it before you release it back into the water. They can't believe we shoot them with bow and arrow........got to love the good old USA!!!

http://www.fisheries.co.uk/

Also working a new website and I hope to have it fully up and running shortly after I get back in the states and shoot my turkey off course!
Check it out and let me know if you have an ideas for this website

http://www.okawvalleyoutdoors.com/
Old 03-26-2011, 10:54 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah, I was part of a big rotenone operation in Iowa once, where we killed off many dumptruck loads of carp. English guy couldn't believe we were killing off what would to them be a crazy good fishery. On the other hand, you have to realize that the other fish they have in the UK, with the exception of salmonids (for which few people can afford to fish) and a few pike, are pretty useless to eat and don't get very big.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator

I had a carp hook and line guy come to our booth at one of the shows and give me grief about killing carp. I just smiled and gave him the facts about carp here in the USA.

I really felt like telling him, the more he blathered about how wonderful carp are.... the more carp I was going to kill.