Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing > Illinois Bowfishers Club
Really, really, missing the water >

Really, really, missing the water

Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Really, really, missing the water

Old 02-18-2011, 12:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default Really, really, missing the water

Started last year with a slipped disk in my neck that kept me from getting out most of the year, barely had enough strength in arm by the end of the summer to fish by rod and reel, much less pull a bow. Did get a little fishing done in Russia in October, by that I mean a LITTLE fishing, and one trip to Stockton lake in late summer, but most of the year was a loss. Now arm getting stronger, could pull the kids bows enough to bowfish, but went in for arthroscopic surgery for my knee. Supposed to be a 3-day recuperation, but I got a staph infection that nearly killed me. Been 5 weeks and I have not been back to work. Gonna try next week, though. Lucky I have lots of sick leave built up. And I've been working from home. But I still can't walk much or drive at all. And I am going STIR CRAAZZYY!!!!! GOD I WANNA KILL SUMTHIN!!!!!! (Something with fins, feathers or fur. I'll refrain from taking out something with a stethoscope, however good it would make me feel.)
Old 02-18-2011, 01:59 PM
Fork Horn

Whoa, just relax and take it easy for a bit, I understand the itch, I've been aching for the snow to melt so I can get out and stick some fish. But don't over do it just because you haven't been in a long while. It may be tough, but it's better than going overboard and exaserbating the problem. You'd be better off going out and just shooting to the bow for a bit to make sure you really can handle shooting for an extended length of time. Good luck, I hope things work out and you're able to start your life back up where you left off.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

We know what u mean, snuffy, scott and i drove over to indiana to a indoor 3d shoot last saturday. We shot fish all the way over and back. I"M thinking of going over tomorrow just to take a look at the boat. I Think I am going to need a new deck this year...
Old 02-19-2011, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

That really IS a bad time Duane. Glad to hear you are coming through it and getting better. Can't wait to get out there myself.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:38 AM
Fork Horn

Whoa there Duane. This too shall pass. Then getting on the water will be all the more sweet.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:54 AM
Fork Horn

it will be warm SOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNN
Old 02-21-2011, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by carptracker
I'll refrain from taking out something with a stethoscope, however good it would make me feel.)
Sounds like you need a big ol' hug!

Get well soon. And tell that Doc to keep his surgical tools sterile.