Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Tournaments for non-boaters

Old 01-26-2011, 03:22 PM
Spike

Default Tournaments for non-boaters

Are there any bowfishing tournaments at Rend Lake or Carlyle or anywhere else in Southern Illinois for people without boats? Me and a couple friends are wanting to shoot some tournaments but we do not have a boat and don't know anyone with a boat.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:37 PM
Super Moderator

Hi!

There will be a boatless competition at Rend during the Billy Davis Memorial tournament on April 16.

You don't have to have a boat to compete at the Carlyle Classic or the State Shoot. (but it helps.... there's no seperate division at those tournaments)

The BASI (Bowfishing Association of Southern Illinois) has some shoots that are set up for non-boaters too.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:25 PM
Spike

We (the BASI) are alot of bank shooters feel free to check out the site click here and we are also working with the IB on a few shoots threw the year. We will be hosting the walking division for the second year at the billy davis memorial tourney and there are alot of bank opportunities at most of our shoots and they are all in Southern Illinois.

If i did something wrong by posting the link to our site or talking about the BASI just let me know christine.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:32 AM
Spike

I dont know where you are from, but we will have some in the Southeast part of the state. I dont have a date, because all of ours will be in the backwater and nobody knows when that will be. Let me know if you are interested and I will put you on our "call" list.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:46 PM
Spike

If your interested in learning about the club, getting info on our shoots or just talking bowfishing with us stop by the booth this weekend at Southern Illinois Boat and Fishing show in marion illinois held in the williamson county pavillion
Old 02-02-2011, 09:19 AM
Spike

At the Billy Davis memorial tourney is the walking division and the boaters division scored separately or are they both scored together?
Old 02-02-2011, 02:41 PM
Spike

they are two seperate shoots, if your in the walking division your not going against the boaters, last couple years we have had more and more teams enter the walking division. we are shooting for over ten teams this year for this event.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:09 AM
Spike

the walking is good and fun i do it ever year and i hope to see ten teams this year