Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Still shooting fish

Old 10-11-2010, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Still shooting fish

Took a quick trip to georgetown lake this afternon. Managed to boat two nice common carp in the 9# range. Was pretty slow but too hot to sit in a tree at that time of the day. Did manage to get in a tree this morning after coming home from the Y doing laps. It was just getting light as I walked out the door from the Y so got changed and headed to the woods. Nice being able to walk to your hunting spot.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well Looks like I am headed back over to clinton lake on saturday. Have a buddy from Virgina coming out for the weekend. He is wanting to go bow fishing. I and always deer hunt. Too hot any how. Shoot straight all you going out over the weekend.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Took a buddy from virginia out to clinton lake last saturday the 16th to shoot some fish. Put in at Muskutin ran north and tried to get to the hot water discharge. They have the bridge bouyed off and you cannot get to it. We hit a few places where I normally find fish and could not find any. Took the boat out and went up north to the Parnell ramp and put in still did not find any fish. There were some fish there, seen lots of Puff's, water was really cloudy and windy. The end the trip my buddy lost his ballance and fell out of the boat. Not a whole lot of fun falling out in October. So we loaded up and came home.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:40 AM
Super Moderator

Bummer. I heard the buffs were up in the coves.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:45 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Johnny b
Took a buddy from virginia out to clinton lake last saturday the 16th to shoot some fish. Put in at Muskutin ran north and tried to get to the hot water discharge. They have the bridge bouyed off and you cannot get to it. We hit a few places where I normally find fish and could not find any. Took the boat out and went up north to the Parnell ramp and put in still did not find any fish. There were some fish there, seen lots of Puff's, water was really cloudy and windy. The end the trip my buddy lost his ballance and fell out of the boat. Not a whole lot of fun falling out in October. So we loaded up and came home.
Your buddy needs to watch Christine's video below and get some practice in! (although I'd prefer the cold bath, I think)