Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Jumpies

Old 08-22-2010, 06:54 AM
Fork Horn

Default Jumpies

Got a crew together to shoot silvers on the IL. river.Rich got 10.Paul,on his first time out, got 7!Rick shot 5.I pulled 2 out of my,well you know. Paul's wife,Shawna,got 1 on her first trip.We had alot of mis-haps.Lost 3 or 4 arrows,reel issues and my PSE( Pete Shepley's Ego)blew up twice!Once due to fish and once just becouse I guess.I carry my portable bow press,something I learned while shooting it last year,and was back to missing in no time.I also saw first hand why 4 strokes rule the water.The other two boats couldn't handle it all day.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

P - pull, S - shoot, E - explode? Who was shooting your Hydro strike?
Sounds like you had a good time any way. Did the other boats have motor problems or just run outta gas? My four stroke was a sipper. My two stroke is a gulper. But for less than ten more pounds, it gives me twice as much HP.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:35 PM
Fork Horn

We had new people without bowfishing gear so we pasted around bows until everybody had one they could draw.My son just used the dip net most of the day and shot when somebody got tired.It's just another day of fish slim to him.Rick,who shot 5, was was pointing the hydro-strike in the sky most of the day.Nice thing about jumpies...Water clarity,brightness of day,water chop etc. don't matter.If those slimmers are there you'll see em'.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

BTW,the 2- chokes I mean 2-strokes were "fouling" due to the slow speeds?That came from the owners.