Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Grassie on the grill

Old 08-15-2010, 04:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default Grassie on the grill

Ok, just had to let you guys know how good this was. I am full as a tick and happy as a clam. McCormick has some seasonings out called "grillmasters", I think. Short, squat round plastic bottle with black top. I used the seafood one. Little bit sweet, has a tendency to burn on the grill but tastes good that way, little black on it.

Started with a pond-grown, very fat grass carp, about 12 or 15 pounds. Cleaned as per the Flying Fish Great Dish video, but instead of making the strips for frying, I cut the top side of each filet into about 3 pieces to make it manageble on the grill (but still on an angle, like in the video, so as to not cut the bones up), and the bottom side of each filet into two pieces (one boneless and one not boneless).

Then just roll in the seasonings, and grill... OHH, mandy, that was great. I think next time I might use a little lime juice or caribbean salsa at the table, but it twernt necessary.