Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing > Illinois Bowfishers Club
Some great shooting this morning >

Some great shooting this morning

Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Some great shooting this morning

Old 07-17-2010, 03:42 PM
Spike

Default Some great shooting this morning

Rice lake was on fire this morning. Starting fishing at 9:30 and stopped at 12:00. With the water dropping the fish had pulled out of the timber and brush. Lots of fishing cruising and rooting along the shoreline. Best day for commons all season for me. Most between 5-10lbs. Shot eight in 15min without missing, then realized i hadn"t missed, and then the missing started! Shot 3 bigheads over 10#, biggest 14.5#. Many,many,many schools of silvers and small bigheads. Swear i could almost walk across the lake on their backs. Shot some 5-9# grassies too. No real monsters, but I sure had fun.
I am a daytime fisherman, and with the flood waters falling I will probably disappear from this site soon and reappear in the spring.
( need to catch a freezer full of channel cat before archery deer season.)
Old 07-19-2010, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the report!

Good luck with the channel cats! Still plenty of time to shoot some more fish before deer season tho'.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:12 AM
Spike

ok i need to find a boat so i can get back in that lake or any lake for that matter i hate not having a boat