Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

wow

Old 06-03-2010, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default wow

Took a buddy Jake (Snuffy's ringer) out to vermilion hills fishing club today. On our second trip around the lake I got a phone call from a client to book an inspection. I was up front driving the boat Just as I took the call I looke out in front of us and seen the largest fish I have ever seen in the wild. I knew instantly what it was but did not know any where in this lake. There laying facing away from me at about 10 feet was the largest grass carp I have ever seen my a bunch. It made Kens' 33 pounder look like a puppy dog. I dropped my phone on the deck, (did not care if it went in the water or not). Just as I raised up my bow it took off. Jake got a running shot at it and it was gone. I do not want to exergerate but it had to be 10" across the back and was over 4 foot long if it was a inch. Jake looked at me and said' I'm going to dream about that to night'. That will make two of us. We shot 10 common carp
Old 06-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

Johnny what type of inspector are you??home?
Old 06-04-2010, 04:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, I am a licensed home inspector for 8 years now. Full time it gives me plenty of time to schedule my bow fishing around my work.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice Johnny.... now you just have to go get that hog... The hard part is that the fish just went to school and it will be even more jumpy next time....I think grass carp are about the smartest fish out there they seem like they learn from their experiences... LOL
Old 06-04-2010, 01:45 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by deer_predator
Nice Johnny.... now you just have to go get that hog... The hard part is that the fish just went to school and it will be even more jumpy next time....I think grass carp are about the smartest fish out there they seem like they learn from their experiences... LOL
I think you got that right for sure - all the Asian carps are pretty darn smart, for a fish. They remember those close calls. Catching the same fish a second time, after you caught it in a net and put a tag in it? They don't want a second piece of that action.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:13 PM
Fork Horn

Dream of, hell, how can you sleep knowing that monster is in there now?
Old 06-04-2010, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well this is a realitive small lake- 60 acres at the most. Fish get to see plenty of boats. My only problem now is Snuffy knows it is there. That puts my chances of getting him pretty slim. I even told him where I Seen it. Dumb !! We all know Snuffy rocks...
Old 06-04-2010, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

what lake did you say this was at?......
Old 06-05-2010, 04:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fortuantly it is a private lake and they are very selective who they let join. Sorry Ken
Old 06-05-2010, 04:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Johnny b
Fortuantly it is a private lake and they are very selective who they let join. Sorry Ken

Awww... cmon Johnny... I can put on my Ninja outfit and hide in the bushes....LMAO