Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Slingshot was tons of fun!!!

Old 04-11-2010, 06:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default Slingshot was tons of fun!!!

With all the hype around using slingshots for bowfishing I decided that I needed to try it. I really had a good first experience. Like anything else I will need to learn what not to do when using a slingshot. There is a guy on youtube that shows you how to make a slingshot with an overdraw on it. Since you don't need an anchor point for a slingshot, I figure I'll get about a 40" draw out of it. That should produce quite a bit of kenetic energy.

Anyway the slingshot I used in the pic is a $6.00 walmart marksman with black, heavy, bands. I made the rest from plywood with a 1/2" hole drilled in it. This setup took 30 min to make and I was shooting. A zebco 808 fits right in the loop below the grip and stays without any mods. I plan to have 4-5 of these in the boat with all pull and draw ranges so anyone who tags along can shoot. There was no noticable loss of accuracy over my recurve and I shot several fish below 3'deep. The largest shortnose in the pic is 8lbs and I blew through 2 sides on 1/2 of the gar. Blew through all of the carp. One thing that I really likes was that it was so compact! I could shoot right over my hand steer trolling motor with no problem. The limbs on my recurve alway hit the motor when I shot to the right.

It is going to take some tweaking but I think I will, eventually, only have slingshots in my boat.
Attached Thumbnails Slingshot was tons of fun!!!-slingshot-first-outingsmall.jpg  
Old 04-11-2010, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator

Nice job David!