Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Heading to Carbondale

Old 04-04-2010, 07:24 PM
Spike

Default Heading to Carbondale

Hi I'm from Minnesota and I'm heading to Carbondale to visit some family and sense our bowfishing season doesn't open tell May 1st I thought I might do a little bowfishing While I'm down there..I'm not looking for anyones secret spots or and thing but if anybody could give me a couple ideas I would really appreciate it..I will be doing most of my shooting from shore I'm thinking though..I am willing to do some driving to find some fish..Thanks for anything you can share with me..Heres our MN bowfishing club website http://www.theoldmudshark.com/llba/ these guys have done a lot for this sport in our state
Old 04-05-2010, 04:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Greetings from the land of Lincoln. If you head a little north of Carbondale to Rend Lake.Just off I 57. If you do not have a boat go to the Dam at the south end. They have really been shooting a lot of fish from the bank below the dam. Of course be sure you have a out of state License. There are even some Big Head's there. Which are a blast to shoot. Let us know how you do...
Old 04-05-2010, 06:29 AM
Spike

Another suggestion a little closer to Cdale, is Crab Orchard Lake between Marion and Cdale. The east side of the lake is shallow and good for wading. Teh spillway at Rend is a good suggestion also. Heres the thing, the same waterway from Rend, (Big Muddy River), runs a few north and south between Carbondale, and Murphysboro. You could just drive 6 miles and shoot the same body of water.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

give me a holler when you get in the area. I can show you the Spillway at Rend!!

618-841-9776
Chase
Old 04-06-2010, 02:35 PM
Spike

Thanks for the info.I really appreciate it if anyone is ever coming up my way I will do all I can to help you out.I'll be down there tomorrow afternoon and if you mean it Chase I will give you a call when I can get up to Rend.I have to do some visiting first but then I plan on spending the rest of the time on or near the water..Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!