HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Illinois Bowfishers Club (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/illinois-bowfishers-club-77/)
-   -   any deer slayers (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/illinois-bowfishers-club/307237-any-deer-slayers.html)

jerry nicholson 11-21-2009 03:14 PM

Nice deer Christine. How far was the shot?

HNI_Christine 11-21-2009 04:06 PM

First shot was at 47 yards. Wasn't sure where I hit her and she came running towards me. So I shot again. (that was at about 10 yards) Ended up that I her through the heart both times. Not much heart left after that.

I didn't even hit myself in the forehead with the scope like I did when I was sighting the gun in. :D

Johnny b 11-23-2009 05:42 AM

Congrad's, Madam President. Wow, it was all I could do not to go bow fishing this past weekend. I even did try and talk the misses into going on Saturday. Would be great if it would be that nice next weekend. Especially with mr. Extreme coming over from Iowa. One more fishing trip is what I need. Then to the barn for the boat for the season. Have not put the boat away yet just for the slim chance to get out..Happy Thanksgiving to everyone...johnny b.

jerry nicholson 11-23-2009 06:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
If I did this correctly, here are pics of 2 fall turkeys.

jerry nicholson 11-23-2009 06:13 PM

Maybe next time they will be upright.

deer_predator 11-24-2009 06:50 AM

1st deer of the year..

Well this is the latest I have been without my first one down....It was a 38 yard shot. Since then I took another doe gun season (no pics of that one).....With my knee being goofed up and the crops being in, it has been one tuff year.

Oh yea....and this is the quality of the bucks I have been seeing....arggggggggg!~!!

carpsniper 11-24-2009 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by deer_predator (Post 3510721)
Oh yea....and this is the quality of the bucks I have been seeing....arggggggggg!~!!

Looks like some good quality meat to me! :barmy:

deer_predator 11-25-2009 02:16 AM

Oh yea, very nice meat...however this is the property I bow hunt and been trying to deer manage it since 1999. We have went from seeing nothing but these little guys to 140+ bucks....You tend to let the little ones walk...LOL..

Johnny b 11-26-2009 06:19 AM

Takes little ones to make Big ones. Story that I am trying to sell around my place. unfortuantly I got a guy who has to shoot everything that walks past. Score so far two does with bow, found one. One small 10 pt buck one small 8 pt buck and a 60 pound yearling. he is not done yet. Will be back next weekend with his tags and his father in laws. Wait it get better. During Muzzle loader season he is giving his tags to his father in law. They never have heard about gun laws. Not my property so I have no say..

HNI_Christine 11-26-2009 06:50 AM

You hunt in some pretty steep terrain Jerry. ;) Congrats again on the turkeys. I have yet to even shoot at an IL turkey with gun or bow.

JohnnyB, You might want to consider making a phone call to the local CPO about the tags. :(