Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

results from gar a thon

Old 08-31-2009, 06:56 AM
Spike

Default results from gar a thon

any results, pics, or reports from Sundays Gar a thon???
Old 08-31-2009, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator

This was the probably the first tournament where I didn't take a single picture.

We did have a professional photographer on board our boat tho'. When Gretchen gets them online, I'll post 'em up.

I think Dave R. did a good job of getting the word out, but not many people showed up. We had six boats compete. In a way that was nice because we all had time to bs and it was really laid back. On the other hand, Dave put a lot of work in to make trophies and put the shoot together and I know he was disappointed in the lack of boats. (thanks to Dave for the effort!)

The cold front really made the bowfishing slow. The Shot n the Dark boys went all over the north end of the lake and only had 5 gar to show for it. I'm not sure where Ken and Tony went but they hit the lake a couple hours late after discovering and repairing a fried impeller. Kendall and I went up to Gun Creek. (I think that's what it was called) We didn't see much up there and slowly made our way back to the main lake. We just happened to find a bit of shore line that had some gar in it. After that bit of shore line we didn't see much of anything again. We didn't go back to the productive stretch because we didn't leave many survivors.

Anyhow. We ended up with 11 gar, one of which was the biggest and one of which was the shortest. So we won 'Biggest Gar', 'Most Gar' and 'Shortest Gar'.

Clint Piatt took the big carp money. He also had a small gar that was just a hair longer than mine... it was almost a repeat of the Shelbyville Rough Fish Round Up for us. Clint also had the second longest gar.

Team Outdoors Experience (Ken and Tony) took 10 gar.

Wayne was an army of one and he did manage to get a couple of shots but wasn't able to get a fish into the boat. Dave an Joanne got 3 gar, Shot n the Dark boys got 5, I think Chasin' Tail took 6 gar. It was a beautiful day, but tough bowfishing.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gretchen posted these pics on SILO...and since I'm short on time I'll just post a link.

Enjoy!

http://www.siloutdoors.com/showthrea...d=1#post107901