Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Carlyle Dam 7/20

Old 07-20-2009, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Carlyle Dam 7/20

Met Kendall & Christine today down at Lake carlyle dam. I had KBI-Prez and Tommy Mac from Pa with me. What a woopen we put on the kerfu crew. They shot 24 big heads against our 27 big heads and 4 gar. Although they did manage to pull out big fish for the day. Only saving grace was we did not have a big fish pot. sorry kendall. He managed to shoot a respectible 25# pounder where our largest was only 24 pounds. I also managed to wack a nice 10# 1 oz spotted gar. Was a good day on the water. I'll let christine post the pictures. My cousin from St. Louis shot a dandy yesterday at around 40-45 pounds. His scale was not large enough to weigh. We compared it to the 35 pounder i shot a few years back and it was considerable larger. Sure glad he is no in the IB9C.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:16 PM
Spike

i got a ? for someone,,how close to the dam can ya get in a boat??i been up there several times but havent got close to the dam,,but last time i went i seen boats up there close and fishing,,im not really a local there so i dont know all the do's and don'ts
Old 07-20-2009, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Drifter, You are allowed to go all the way up to the bouys that are all the way across below the dam. We have been told by other guys that they have been told you are not allowed to go above a red bouy that is down below the dam. But this is not true. You can go all the way up. Just be very respectful of the other boats and of course do not shoot toward the bank if some one is sitting there fishing. How would you like to be sitting on the bank fishing and someone points a bow your direction and shoots an arrow. We all know that there is no way it will go that far, but THEY DO NOT. As a matter of fact there is a red bouy down from the dam a ways. we usually shoot most of our fish below there any how So if there are boats up by the upper bouy just shoot below them and you will see plenty of fish.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Forgot to add as to fish DISPOSAL. By all means DO NOT PUT ANY FISH IN ANY DUMPSTERS OR GARBAGE CANS. Have been told by the park rangers to go down stream, slit their stomac's and drop them over board. Of course try to use them or give them away first. They are too large to put through the Fish cleaning stations at the park.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:44 PM
Spike

i talked to you this evening right before we put in...ended up with around 15 gar and only 5 bigheads...no pics though...when we passed you going down stream we went to a spot we found white bass fishing and if we would of had someone that was experienced and knew what they were doing we could of did some major damage oh well....no pics though forgot the camera and sunk the fish out there
Old 07-21-2009, 02:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by tmichael
we went to a spot we found white bass fishing and if we would of had someone that was experienced and knew what they were doing we could of did some major damage oh well....
Remember that white bass is not a legal species for bowfishing
Old 07-21-2009, 07:06 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by deer_predator
Remember that white bass is not a legal species for bowfishing

ahhh man....coulda swore they were a rough fish haha...i think some one caught all of em out of there cause the day we found it we didnt catch any
Old 07-21-2009, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by tmichael
i talked to you this evening right before we put in...ended up with around 15 gar and only 5 bigheads...no pics though...
Thanks for letting us know TM. Maybe we'll see you down there again.

Johnny, KERFU? Who are those guys? Did we meet 'em?
Old 07-21-2009, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Carpsniper, I think you met them they were there the whole time we were. I have several pictures of them. If you do not remember them they are the funny couple who shoot off a pontoon boat. They are at most all of our activities.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh those guys...They're really great! They have to be if they shoot off a pontoon boat.

Right Todd?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.