Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing > Illinois Bowfishers Club
 Billy Davis Memorial Fish Disposal >

Billy Davis Memorial Fish Disposal

Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Billy Davis Memorial Fish Disposal

Old 04-13-2009, 09:09 AM
Fork Horn

Default Billy Davis Memorial Fish Disposal

No......you won't have to dispose of your own fish.

Just got off the phone with Mike Hooe from the DNR Carp and Gar Funeral Home and the hole is waiting to be filled. Mike willsaid he will be there Sat nite to visit and Sunday morning for a proper fish interment. He hopes we can fillthe hole this year. I hope he has to call for another hole to be dug!!!

We talked about the weather asnd there is a chance of rain on Saturday but there are some nice days this week and he thinks the Bowfishing should be good. I asked him where to go and he said, "Follow Slim23".

Grandma Trotter (Billy Davis's Grandmother) said she is getting ready to start fixing the food for the BBQ. The Trotter and Davis family have been great in helping us with the food preperation. After talking with her this morning all I can say is, "you better come hungry, real hungry".

Dave R
Old 04-13-2009, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Billy Davis Memorial Fish Disposal

well lets hope the weather coperates. Getting anchious.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gimme a shovel and 15 min. I should have a hole big enough to bury what is harvested....
Old 04-13-2009, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: deer_predator

Gimme a shovel and 15 min. I should have a hole big enough to bury what is harvested....
He's talkin about everyones fish Ken, not just yours.

Don't judge it by last year.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Kendall, That is so funny. When I read Ken's post, your reply was exactily what popped into my mind. Ken you really stepped into that one.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:21 AM
Spike

Well im not going to able to go this year. I have gone the past two years and place in 3rd and 2nd i was hoping to go this year and take it all but thats not going to happen. You yall don't have to worry about me shooting so don't even bother digging another hole...
Old 04-23-2009, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

He hopes we can fillthe hole this year. I hope he has to call for another hole to be dug!!!
So? Did all 2,300ish fish fit in there? or did you need to enlist Ken and a shovel?
Old 04-23-2009, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Chris, we filled the hole to the top. There were going to bring in a backhoe to enlarge the hole to get cover over the fish. They could not get ahold of Deer Predator and his shovel.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

The 'hole'.

Check out that bigneat goldfish that Luke shot. Nifty color phase.

I kind of wanted to jump into it. It would be like one of those kid's ball filled pits like you see at Mcdonalds. Only slimier and with sharp teeth and fins. [:-] (christine on K's login)
Old 04-23-2009, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Johnny b

Chris, we filled the hole to the top. There were going to bring in a backhoe to enlarge the hole to get cover over the fish. They could not get ahold of Deer Predator and his shovel.
OMG....Man I knew I was going to take a beating for missing the Billy Davis......Wow...The state shoot cannot come any sooner...![&o]

Quick Reply: Billy Davis Memorial Fish Disposal

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.