Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

The deck is now done

Old 04-10-2009, 04:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default The deck is now done

Well I have everything where it is suppsed to go, tightened, screwed, welded, zip tied and glued. The only thing that is left is to finish the wiring of the inside of the boxes so I can have light. So could someone please tell me what is going to break now so I can fix it before it hits the water. lol anyway with that being said here are a few pics.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The deck is now done

ORIGINAL: scribe917k

... So could someone please tell me what is going to break now so I can fix it before it hits the water. lol...
Wow! Nice looking rig. I really like the switch box.

Wish I could help ya with some clarevoyance there. But I never know what's next on my boat.
Just make sure you bring as many spares as is possible. Things like troller props and shear pins, fuses, bulbs, spark plugs, extraoil, etcand the tools to work on all this stuff.
Old 04-11-2009, 04:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks good ....Just gonna have to get it wet and see how she floats. You may have to work with weight distribution but that's the easy part!
Old 04-11-2009, 04:30 AM
Fork Horn

Kyle;
You must not be planning to shoot very many fish with only one fish barrel in the boat. You must be a trophy shooter and not a numbers shooter like me. I just can't find any trophies, but I have entered the IB9C just incase.

Bowfisher
Old 04-11-2009, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bowfisher5

Kyle;
...You must be a trophy shooter and not a numbers shooter like me.

Bowfisher
LOL I guess 1 is a number... [:-] Like I've got any room to talk.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Kyle.. can you post a close-up pic on your arrows...I want to see how you have it rigged up.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:14 PM
Fork Horn

Took her out to Carlyle today!!!!! She floats just fine. Weight is not a issue. I am going to have to mount the guts to the lights differently in the boxes I have under the deck though. Had 3 of the transformers come loose. That will be a easy job though. I also think I have a dead troller battery. I have 2 wired for 12v and they did not last very long at all. One of the batterys is only 1 year old but im not sure how old the other is. It came with the boat. I also have to adjust the bow roller. It doesnt go on the trailer the same way now causethe extra weight in the front. Looks like the light on the top rail will prolly be repositioned as well. In its current spot it doesnt allow me to raise the troller as high as I would like it to be sometimes. Chase..... The arrows are just being held by 2 velcro straps that I have bolted to the boat. I can shoot a closeup pic if you still want to see them though. Its just 2 heavy duty velcro straps that I use for a few different things depending on what I take out with me.

The good thing is all the above is really minor adjustments. It shoots 2 people comfortable on the deck. Also the new deck and my new to me Onieda shot the first carp for my teamof the season today!