HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Illinois Bowfishers Club (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/illinois-bowfishers-club-77/)
-   -   Brass carp fun shoot rollcall (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/illinois-bowfishers-club/289278-brass-carp-fun-shoot-rollcall.html)

Bowfisher5 03-15-2009 01:32 PM

Brass carp fun shoot rollcall

Who's going?

I will be there with my crew.

I will also bring my small gas grill is anyone wants to BYO hot dog, brats, polish sausge,ribeye or bighead fillets.

Johnny B.......Please have the Brass Carp all shined up for me. Thanks

Johnny b 03-15-2009 01:36 PM

RE: Brass carp fun shoot rollcall

I'll see what I can do. Snuffy and KBI-Prez will be there. My self and Cliff too.

carpsniper 03-15-2009 02:03 PM

The CIRFCU and crew is planning on being there.

Don't bother putting a shine on that carp. I like it with a nice patina. [:-]:D

fishpoint 03-15-2009 02:50 PM

Polishing the brass carp?! Sounds like a metaphor to me.

Ken: what do you think?

I'm on the bubble; I have to take my daughter back to Champaign on Sunday. I am trying to convince to her participate in the shoot on Saturday and then I'd take her back early Sunday morning.

HNI_Christine 03-15-2009 04:25 PM

I can bring some halibut fillets. Really, it is halibut. Really. ;)

deer_predator 03-15-2009 04:55 PM

ORIGINAL: fishpoint

Polishing the brass carp?! Sounds like a metaphor to me.

Ken: what do you think?

Hey....I guess it all depends on who is polishing who's brass???:D:D:D

Unfortunately Outdoors Experience will not be making a showing at this one.....[:@][:@][:@]I have to take a dumb ole cruise ship into the carribean[:'(][:'(]

fishpoint 03-16-2009 04:52 PM

Bring you bowfishing rig and shoot sharks off the back of the boat.:D

deer_predator 03-16-2009 05:45 PM

ORIGINAL: fishpoint

Bring you bowfishing rig and shoot sharks off the back of the boat.:D
Trust me I wanted to....BUT the wifey said if I do I will end up

Which that could be fun also

Bowfisher5 03-18-2009 02:36 AM

Only four boats coming!! This should be an easy win.

Johnny,
When you get that carp all shined up would you mind spraying it with some clear lacquer, so it will look good for me all year.
Thanks
Dave R

Johnny b 03-18-2009 04:42 AM

Uncle Dave, Ill see what i can do. I am taking it today over to get engraved with the two current winners names. So they will live on for ever.

deer_predator 03-19-2009 04:59 AM

Since I will be out of town for this one my partner Brian will be without a partner.

His wife and kids will also be gone for that weekend....He needs a partner....Can anyone take him on board?

Thanks

Ken

Johnny b 03-19-2009 05:01 AM

Ken, I'm pretty sure that Robow is looking for a ride.

HNI_Christine 03-19-2009 05:02 AM

Let Brian bring your boat. :)

gargone 03-19-2009 05:05 AM

well looks like the mendenhall brothers will be at the shoot to try there hand at the brass carp.

Johnny b 03-19-2009 05:10 AM

I was wondering when we were going to hear from the MENDENHALLS considering the tournament is in your back yard. Looking forward to seeing ya'll. Finally some good competition.

deer_predator 03-19-2009 05:12 AM

ORIGINAL: HNI_Christine

Let Brian bring your boat. :)
I tried to let him but he is not too confident with the lights, converter, troller and everything else yet.....Plus it would be very, very comical watching him trying to back the boat down the ramp....LOL...

deer_predator 03-19-2009 05:15 AM

ORIGINAL: Johnny b

Ken, I'm pretty sure that Robow is looking for a ride.
Thanks John.....But Brian is also needing a ride.....

HNI_Christine 03-19-2009 05:38 AM

I'll run your boat Ken (and back it into the water).

[8D]

Whirlpool 03-23-2009 09:57 AM

Hope the weather is good, i plan to come with mr randolph

Johnny b 03-24-2009 04:52 PM

Inquiring minds what to know. Who is MR. Randolph??

Bowfisher5 03-25-2009 11:30 AM

Is this a Rain or Shine or I mean Rain and Night event or is there a rain date. The bowfishing Gods are not looking very good for this event.

Dave R

Johnny b 03-26-2009 04:34 AM

I was wondering the same thing? How soon of a noitice would we have to give to postpone it. Not looking forward to shooting in the rain. But the weather man has been wrong before.

Johnny b 03-26-2009 07:11 AM

Well they have changed the weather forcast again. Now they are calling for just Possible showers. So by Saturday I'm figuring it will be sunny, calm and warm.

robow7 03-26-2009 12:02 PM

Well I'm in,so if you littlegirly menthink you might melt with just a little rain, then maybe you should just stay home and play video games. The all magnificent Brass Carp waits for no one! If you can't handleless than ideal conditionsthen you don't deserve the ultimate trophy. Nuff said

fishstix 03-26-2009 12:09 PM

Gentleman and Ladies (which ever class you want to put yourself in). If a little rain will deter you from bowfishing, then I guess your not true, dedicated archer anglers. Remember, the fish are already wet, so the rain doesn't bother them. Now, thunder and lightening is another matter!!!

gargone 03-26-2009 01:25 PM

looks like the smack down has started. all I have to say about the rain is that is why they make rain suits.

robow7 03-26-2009 02:52 PM

A Brass Carp for all the Girly Men

blackwater_archer 03-26-2009 02:52 PM

don't get ahead of your selves gentleman....we're gonna give you a run for your money this weekend weather permitting!!!!

Johnny b 03-26-2009 03:07 PM

Well considering it is my call and all. Let the Games begin. Unless it is storming it is a go. see ya there.

HNI_Christine 03-26-2009 03:34 PM

Welcome to the club Zac! Have you seen any fish out on Shelbyville yet?

Rob, nice. The 'Brass Parisol Carp'.

See you all there.

carpsniper 03-27-2009 06:06 AM

See the smile on this guy's face...

That's after enduring three downpours to get his first fish. And yes the genny and lights were running the whole time. [:-]

I've even been dumb enough to shoot fish when it's below freezin'.

And when it was "too windy" to bowfish... (this picture doesn't do justice to just how rough that lake was)

So I'll be there to retrieve my trophy.

Bring your parisols ladies.

robow7 03-27-2009 01:41 PM

Saturday Night: Rain before 1am, then snow. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 33. Breezy, with a north northwest wind between 17 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

This could get ugly. BTW, did I mention I have this sick aunt that needs me to come over and help .....................................

Johnny b 03-27-2009 02:38 PM

They been wrong before.

HNI_Christine 03-27-2009 03:40 PM

Rain, snow, wind, cold. All we're missing is some lightning.

carpsniper 03-27-2009 08:13 PM

ORIGINAL: robow7

Saturday Night: Rain before 1am, then snow. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 33. Breezy, with a north northwest wind between 17 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

This could get ugly. BTW, did I mention I have this sick aunt that needs me to come over and help .....................................
Yeah you ladies...er, I mean, you guys probably just wanta stay home by the heater. [:-]

It'll be nice to have the "Coveted" brass carp back in Stanford where it belongs...:D

Johnny b 03-28-2009 06:33 AM

All packed and ready to go. Gon'a be fun. Love to shoot in the wind, rain and snow. Makes you appreicated the good times. What do they say about a bad day at play better than a good day at work. see ya there.

gargone 03-28-2009 06:39 AM

longjhons are on,face mask ready,coffee pot all ready for the boat. will be heading down around 11:00am or 12;00pm see all you diehards at the ramp. bringing a extra grill just in case someone wants to cook.

bowman15 03-28-2009 07:54 AM

I don't know...I see a replay of Rend last year coming on.

Good luck you guys. And be careful. This kind of weather is not the kind to be careless in.

carpsniper 03-28-2009 09:45 AM

This may turn into the Brass balls shoot!

"
... WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 7 AM CDT SUNDAY...
A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 7 AM CDT SUNDAY.
RAIN WILL CHANGE OVER TO SNOW THIS EVENING AS A STORM SYSTEM PASSES BY TO THE SOUTHEAST. A PERIOD OF SLEET IS ALSO POSSIBLE AS THE PRECIPITATION CHANGES OVER TO SNOW. SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 2 TO 5 INCHES ARE EXPECTED BY THE TIME THE SNOW ENDS SUNDAY MORNING. LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS ARE POSSIBLE WEST OF THE ILLINOIS RIVER VALLEY. VISIBILITIES MAY OCCASIONALLY FALL LESS THAN A MILE LATE TONIGHT.
A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW WILL CAUSE PRIMARILY TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SNOW COVERED ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES... AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING. "

Or maybe the "Discretion is the better part of Valor, do this another day shoot".;)

HNI_Christine 03-28-2009 09:47 AM

ORIGINAL: bowman15

I don't know...I see a replay of Rend last year coming on.

Good luck you guys. And be careful. This kind of weather is not the kind to be careless in.
Actually, it's going to be worse. Lastyear Rend was just cold with no fish.

I do agree with you on the caution. I have to say, we're not looking at just tough conditions, we're looking at dangerous conditions.

We're all adults so I'm not going to tell anybody what to do, but please be extremely careful if you go out. 30 mph winds combined with snow and freezing temperatures is not boat friendly weather.

[:-]