Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing > Illinois Bowfishers Club
 Brass carp fun shoot rollcall >

Brass carp fun shoot rollcall

Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Brass carp fun shoot rollcall

Old 03-28-2009, 11:06 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Brass carp fun shoot rollcall

After being on rough Clinton Lake last night and watching the weather all day today and with the weather spotter course, USCG and Power Squadron course I have taken this boat captain deems it unsafe for my boat to be on Lake Shelbyville tonight.

All you brave souls that go out tonight be sure to wear your Life Jackets.

Dave R
Old 03-28-2009, 11:21 AM
Typical Buck

Tonight's shoot is postponed due to inclement weather via the tournament sponsor, Johnny B. and our tournament director, David R. aka Bowfisher5. Stay tuned for new information as we will be rescheduling the shoot as soon as possible.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

WHEW!!! Good decision! I was wondering if you guys were gonna come to your senses. I mean, there's fishing in rough conditions and then there's just being goofy.I drove home for almost an hour and a halffrom Mark's and it was enough to make me very nervous. When I left his place the van had almost an eighth of an inch of ice crusted up on it. And that was around 5:30.

Hopefully I'll be there next weekend. I haven't shot for the Brass Carp yet. Plus, I kinda miss seeing you guys.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well it looks like it is going to work out for the best. As near as I can tell we should have at least 4 more boats next weekend. Deer Preator should be back from his cruse, INDY boys and slim will be back from down south and Steve. So that should be good. Did look at the 10 day forcast and they are predicting rain next Saturday as well.ukk But, I'm sure the conditions will still be better than last night. I know the Mendahalls were there yesterday, anchious to hear what they have to say about it down there.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:37 AM
Fork Horn

Johnny B and the rest of the sane lot! Here is the low down. Yesterday, I picked my brother (mike) and Nephew (robbie) up at 11:30. WE got the wolf creek boat launch at 12:00, we put the boat in the water, after putting on out rain gear!!! We went over toward the big cove across from the boat ramp first. We decided to go a head and scout around, since the lake is at winter pool and find the big fish for that night. We checked out the cove then went over below where we have the cookout and looked at it, then went and checked few more in the area, here was our findings; 1) we found few coves that once out of the wind of course not bad, but to get to them would be soaked. 2) Didn't put the top up till little later, be better to put top up at once during bad weather (duh). 3) Did find some gar rolling, but only a few and two patches, seen total of 4 carp with a stretch of bank about a mile (not good). 4) The lake was pretty churned up, only way to see a fish is if it is on top of the water, then only after getting rain (ice later) off glasses (should of brought my dive mask). 5) Ramp icing
At 15:00(3 o'clock to regular people) We decided to pull the boat out and go get something to snack. After coming out and looking at the dopplar on my cell, I being the boat captain, decided to throw in the towel for round 2. The rain was starting to let up a little, but my main concern was the temp dropping quick that night (getting sick this early) and the ramp Icing up (which likely did). But, as my brother said, it was an adventure.