Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing > Illinois Bowfishers Club
 Who's going out this weekend? >

Who's going out this weekend?

Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Who's going out this weekend?

Old 03-08-2009, 04:38 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Who's going out this weekend?

i went out with the shot in the dark boys. the wind had rend pretty muddy. driving a airboat in the wind sucks!! the back end is lots bigger than the front and it acts like a parachute. not to bad shootin into the wind but aweful any other way. ya gota stay in the gas to over correct. the waves had it muddy and not to many were up. seenmainly buffalo bustin out. seen 4 gar but we were pretty rusty... ended the night with 12. 4 commons rest buffs.
i will say that not having to get out and push a boat all night was awesome!!!! covering the dead water is not slow, boring, wasted time anymore either. nuthin like doin 30mph while standin on the front deck[:-]
Old 03-08-2009, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Slim, I took the liberty of posting your fish for you, on the fish count. Did you get my address? Still no post on the IB9C.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:11 AM
Fork Horn

thanks. yeah i mailed it out wensday.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got some good news yesterday; the generator is fine. I changed the outlet a couple more times and finally got it right. Apparently it's important to know which of those metal tabs on the terminals you remove and which you don't...

At least it didn't get fried.

Glad to hear you're finally getting that boat out Slim.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:28 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: slim23

ended the night with 12. 4 commons rest buffs.
[:-]
Slim;

Only 12!!! Eric Giles who is starting the Southern Illinois Bowfishing Club went to Rend last night and walked the bank below the spillway and got 20!!!! Maybe it is time to sell the air boat and start walking the bank. Eric says he never used a dimes worth of gas walking the spillway. Way to go Eric.

Dave R
Old 03-08-2009, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have never heard of anyone charging to launch a boat and charge again to take it back out. Wow, But then again this is still America or should I Say Illinois
Old 03-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Me neither John and I've been fishing all over up here for years now. I should say that I don't know this for a person-certainty. But thats what I was told by our V.P. Bulzeye. He talked to them about their launch for that fun-shoot he wanted to do last summer. I think it's ridiculous, but it's their launch. I think they charge to take it out too because sometimes folks will launch upstream and float down and have their trailer there waiting for them. I've done that myself a few times. But you'd think they could give us a sticker or something. We'd be parking right there. Either way, if we ever have a shoot up here, we'd be using the primitive one and I think we'd be just fine.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

Steve, I think that we used that launch when we took Carptracker out bowfishing after the Bass Pro Shops Asian Carp Day that we had a booth at.

It was a flat $6 to launch. No fee or anything to leave.

Guy running the place was real nice too. [:-]
Old 03-08-2009, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's another launch altogether. I was with that night. We broke the prop on the troller. Chris and Judd launched at the primitive launch. We were by the DesPlaines Conservation Area that night. It's close to 2 miles down stream from I-55. I liked that place alotand the guy there was very nice. He had the little golf cart. The one I'm talking about is right next to the highway.

That would be a great place to have a shoot. He's had them there before and he had no problems. Plenty of parking and a big grassy area right on the water to eat and do the prize-thing. It's a little ways from the area that I like so well, but there's other areas close. It's the DesPlaines River.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator

Ahh... okay.

I remembered that you were there but I can't remember if you launched with us or not. I'm sick as dog right now so half my brain is fried from fever right about now. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Quick Reply: Who's going out this weekend?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.