Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Deer classic

Old 03-02-2009, 03:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Deer classic

Well the Ill. deer & turkey classic is now in the books. Thank you to everyone who helped. As far as I know we signed up one new memeber from Virginia of all places. Also had some re-newals. On a high note had the new state director of DNR Mr. Miller stop by the booth and indicate he was even interested in trying bow fishing. Now that would be a coup. The kids loved the archery booth and we sure put the Bows to work. As always was fun to share our passon. And Darrin that picture of you and your big head Stopped just about everyone right in their tracks. A big thank you to Dr. Rob for the blow up pictures that are great, a real eye catcher.

Old 03-02-2009, 04:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Deer classic

What a great idea those big pictures was. I have to get one of me and my Little Woody.

I'll need someone to blow it up for me.

As usual, I'm sorry I missed it. I had an idea to come down late sunday and bring some of those Euro-mount plaques I made with me (Deb, I have yours), but I never got the chance. Glad everyone had a good time. That show is always great.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here are a couple of other guest of honor.
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr230/Johnborgers7_2009/100_0541.jpg
Old 03-02-2009, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

So here are some more.

Old 03-02-2009, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator

I have some pictures I need to resize and get online.

The show was a great time. Thanks to the helpers!
Old 03-02-2009, 08:00 PM
Typical Buck

bowman15: "I have to get one of me and my Little Woody. I'll need someone to blow it up for me."

I do hope the photo enlargementsworked out OK, but I have to tell you bowman15, nobody and I mean nobody is going to blow up your little woody
Old 03-03-2009, 12:41 AM
Fork Horn

we had a great time. i was missing working the kids booth but they kept us busy buying equipment and answering questions. i look forward to it again next year. thanks to all the helpers.
we also had a meeting sat. night. i have a lot to get typed up and sent out to all the officers but i will try to have it done by the weekend. points system, club raffles, ideas to grow the club....
Old 03-03-2009, 04:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: robow7

bowman15: "I have to get one of me and my Little Woody. I'll need someone to blow it up for me."

I do hope the photo enlargementsworked out OK, but I have to tell you bowman15, nobody and I mean nobody is going to blow up your little woody

Old 03-03-2009, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Some pictures. More later.

Deb showing Ken where the arrow should go.

(we love you Ken!)

The booth on Sunday afternoon when it finally got slower.

Brandy, Alex and Luke.

Justin Zarr is really excited to see the bowfishing booth. LOL.

JohnnyB get surprised by the camera after putting up some new balloons. Boy did we go through the balloons.

I think we just about went through this Muzzy buffalo fish target too. Might be time for a new one.

K and I hardly ever get pictures of us together.

Slim and I, dang he's tall.

Marc Miller, the new Director of the IDNR stopped by the booth. He seemed very genuine and it was great to see the Director taking the time to
come out to the show and meet with everybody. We spoke about the Senate bill to legalize shad and drum and also the club's efforts to open new waters to bowfishing. He was very supportive and he's also looking to set up a bow for bowfishing. That rocks.
Myself, Marc Miller, Joanne

Old 03-03-2009, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pictures of those critters we chase around when the bowfishing gets slow.

about 500 deer

That eight pointer scored over 170".

Quick Reply: Deer classic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.