Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing > Illinois Bowfishers Club
 Billy Davis.....Walking tournament >

Billy Davis.....Walking tournament

Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Billy Davis.....Walking tournament

Old 02-16-2009, 07:49 AM
Fork Horn

Default Billy Davis.....Walking tournament

Seams like every year,I am approached by several people about wanting to enter the Billy Davis Memorial Tournament but don't have a boat or they just want to shoot the tournament below the spillway. There are some very big fish below the spillway and I have shot there several times. The first time I shot there was with Billy Davis in Slim23's old 14 or 15 jon boat thatSlim was kind enough to let Billy Davis use for a summer. Billy honed his bowfishing skills at the spillway to be the Champion he was andshot many of the fish there that he turned in to the BAA to be the BAA JR Shooter of the year.

Anyway, to accomodate the requests I have had as tournament director of the Illinois Bowfishersand not wanting to turn away any bowfishers that want to shoot the Billy Davis Memorial Tournament, the club will have a seperatedivisionfor bowfishersthat want towalk and shootthe touranment. THIS WILL BE A TOTALLY SEPERATE DIVISON.

The walkers will not be competing against the boaters and the boaters will not be competing agaist the walkers. The walkers will pay the same entry fees as the boaters and will be paid out of their own purse of the walking money. They will have there own Big Fish pot. The only things that will be shared will be the BBQ, the fish disposal and the friendship and the good times had by all bowfishers.

1. Walking teamswill be limited to 1or 2 man teams
2. All fish will be shot below the Rend spillway
3. ALL FISH SHOT MUST BE BROUGHT BACK FOR WEIGH IN

This walking divison will be on a trail basis and may or not be available next year or for other tournaments. Other "walking" rules may follow and all Illinois Bowfishers Tournament Rules and Illinois Fishing regulation will be followed. Any concerns will be directed to the tournament director and his decission will be final.

Remeber that you pros probably started bowfishing by walking the banks, as did Billy Davis and I don't want to keep future pros from this great event. I think Billy would have wanted this.

Dave Randolph
Illinois Bowfishers
Touranment Director
Old 02-16-2009, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Billy Davis.....Walking tournament

I'll be shooting it with some guys from BASI
Old 03-15-2009, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

whose all shooting the WD?
Old 03-27-2009, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know KBI-Prez is thinking bout shooting it. Let the games begin
Old 03-29-2009, 08:55 AM
Typical Buck

I am seriously considering the WD i like a challenge......
Old 03-30-2009, 01:54 PM
Spike

Hi guys.

I am a complete newbie when it comes to bowfishing. I have been chasing the silvers and buffalo with a flyrod for a few years now below the spillway at Rend and a couple of other places. I picked up an AMS FishHawk from Gateway Outfitters (St. Charles, MO) this Sunday and spent sunday with a buddy who has went a handful of times getting the bow tuned in and checking out a few of his haunts around St. Louis.

I am fairly certain that we are going to make it to the walking tournament. Will post again when I know for certain (probably after this weekend).

--Matt Tucker