Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Deck Under Construction

Old 02-12-2009, 02:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default Deck Under Construction

Well here are a few pics of the new bowfishing deck my father and I are building on the boat. Should turn out pretty nice. That is the frame and all the supports. We still need to add the light mounts and a few other detail items. After that and a few coats of paint she will be done. The pics didnt turn out so hot.

Old 02-12-2009, 05:10 PM

Default RE: Deck Under Construction

looks really good. will it be removable? how is it attached to the boat?
Old 02-13-2009, 06:14 PM
Fork Horn

Yes, bolted to the boat rails, and will come off with 8 bolts taken loose. It has angle iron sitting on the rails to locate the uprights, all fully welded, 1.25 square tubing. Will post better pics.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:01 PM
Typical Buck

It looks like its gonna be really heavy or is it just an illusion....but nice workmanship on the welds and design.....
Old 02-14-2009, 05:34 AM

yeah ya know they always look heavy to me too, but I never really hear anybody complaining about it. I have a new welder and a friend that works and a tubular steel shop (aka free steel) so I've been thinking of building one. for a while I actually thought about cup scaffolding. it's kinda heavy but strong enough that on that small of an area you wouldn't have to have that many braces so the weight would be very close to the tube steel. since I work construction I think I could "borrow" enough to get it done. keep posting the pics so we can see how it turns out. looks great.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:16 AM
Super Moderator

On my old boat we used black iron pipe to make the deck frame. It looked reaalllly heavy but it wasn't bad at all.

I think the only time you'll haveto worryabout weight is when your boat is full of 300 carp.

Old 02-14-2009, 03:54 PM
Fork Horn

it does not seem to be to bad weight wise. Two guys can easily just lift it off, as we have been sitting it on the ground to get at some of the joints for welding. It doe look heavy, and bulky in pictures, just for kicks, I am going to put it on the kart racing scales before final install to see. Dad is the welder.
Old 02-14-2009, 04:02 PM

what did you decide for the decking material?
Old 02-15-2009, 07:52 AM
Typical Buck

Well if 2 guys can lift it easily to set it out then maybe it wont be a problem...Like Christine said the time youll notice it most is when u have a boat full of fish......But lookin great guys keep the pics coming....
Old 02-16-2009, 06:02 AM
Fork Horn

I think we are going with some sort of plywood for the decking. I will most likely drench it in water sealer and put hydroturf on top of it.

Quick Reply: Deck Under Construction

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.