Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing > Illinois Bowfishers Club
 Super Bowl or Super Bowfishing >

Super Bowl or Super Bowfishing

Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Super Bowl or Super Bowfishing

Old 02-01-2009, 07:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default Super Bowl or Super Bowfishing

Kendall and Christine met up with Bowfisher at Clinton Lake tonight for a little bowfishing action. No football for them when there is carp that need to be wacked. Temp was 37 degrees with a 5-10 mph wind from the Northwest. Tried the south bank across from the ramp at Mascoutin but it was to choppy and muddy. Went back to the north side and started working thebank heading East just down from the ramp. Kendall was steering Bowfishers boat. The water was calm and visability was better than the south side. You could maybe see 12 inchesin some of the sandy areas. Plan was to head East and work thew small coves by the campground. Didn't get to far and there was a carp. Bowfisher andChristine took a shot and missed. Went a little farther and Kendall connects for the1st carp of the year. Took 8 X 10 color glossies for the arcieves.Went a little bit farther and Christine connects. More pics taken. The nice guy Bowfisher is he lets Kendall and Christine shoot their 1st fish of the year. Bowfisher is waiting for that big buffalo in the cove up ahead.Just then a big underwater log jumps up and takes out the trolling motor prop. Bummer..... No problem, Kendall has a spare prop back at the ramp. Kool. Head back to the ramp and get the spare prop but it doesn't fit. 1 1/2 hrs into the best bowfishing trip of the year and we have to surrender to the bowfishing Gods. In all was a good to get back out on the water and get a "fix". Bowfisher will always have a spare prop from now on out. He usuall carries a spare troller but didn't bring it. Shame on him, he know better. In all it was agood but short time on the water. BillyK can you addtwo fish to the 2009 count.Sorry, only two but you have to start somewhere.

Dave R
Old 02-01-2009, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Super Bowl or Super Bowfishing

Thanks for the outing Dave!

We got home in time to watch the last quarter and eat more pizza.

K's first carp of '09

Old 02-02-2009, 12:41 AM
Fork Horn

congrats on the first fish of the year! im ready to go try it. i took the airboat out on the snow this week. didnt see any fish... oh well. christine i dont know how you managed to reel anything in with that backwards retreiver???
Old 02-02-2009, 04:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, congradulations! I was talking to Snuffy yesterday afternoon and we were saying that it would have been a good day to go to clinton. Very little wind, nice and sunny and warm. Well the pressure is off as to who will shoot the first fish of the year. Too bad you have not sent in your IB9C money.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice shootin' guys. Too bad about the prop. That's a bummer. I have one I keep in the boat for a backup, but I'm thinking I'll get another one before I go out, just in case.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:46 PM
Typical Buck

YOU guys and gal rock youre all bad to the bone......
Old 02-02-2009, 05:37 PM
Fork Horn

While Kendall and Christine were whacking fish, I was getting whacked at pokerduring theSuperbowl. I should have invested in a new bowfishing bow.

Great to see the first two fish of the year.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys. And especially thanks to Dave for the invite.

...now we're just watchin the weather for next weekend. We might even have to miss the MCSC banquet. My friend, Xiu hasn't had any fresh fish in a while.